Spousal Visa/Permit

I am a Mauritian citizen and my wife is South African and we are relocating to Mauritius.

What I would like to know is :-

1. What permit or visa does she require in order for her to live there?

2. Must this document be completed before relocating there, or can she apply in Mauritius?

3. Do we both require a police clearance certificate to live there or just my wife?

Your assistance with the above will be highly appreciated.

Claude

bunny100 wrote:

I am a Mauritian citizen and my wife is South African and we are relocating to Mauritius.

2. Must this document be completed before relocating there, or can she apply in Mauritius?

3. Do we both require a police clearance certificate to live there or just my wife?

Claude

Hi Calude

I can help you. Please share your email.

Regards

Shammi
July22, 2021

bunny100 wrote:

Claude

You have everything here:
https://passport.govmu.org/passport/?page_id=562

Good morning, 

If after reading the link you have queries don't hesitate to ask other questions.  As a lawyer I can help you with any further information.

Thanks

Jenny

Thanks

Regards

Jenny

All procedures should be done in person at the Passport and Immigration Office. Your wife can travel with you and then you go together to the PIO to get the residence permit as spouse.

Thanks

Thank you Jenny...much appreciated

Hello Jenny,

How long does this process usually take to obtain the spousal permit?