Titré de séjour

Hello everyone,

My visa long séjour (married to French national) is expiring in a bit less than month and a half. I am Serbian citizen.
Can someone please help me with the procedure for applying for titre de séjour... my préfecture is not responding at all to emails and calls?
Now documents are supposed to be sent via post office... but I don't know if I should send all original documents? Even passport?
And what I don't understand is should I pay 200 eur tax again? I already paid 9 months ago, for validation of visa.

Thank you a lot for any response!

Hello - I imagine you can apply on line by attaching scanned copies of your documents.  You should then get an automatically generated response which proves you have made the application.  Then it's a case of patience ...
I'm not an expert so I hope you get some more advice from other expats.

According to my girlfriend, who is a fonctionnaire and knowledgeable on this subject, you need to return to Serbia before your visa expires and apply for the titre de séjour there. If you don't, you'll find yourself in a situation irrégulière; that means you'd be in deep doodoo. Also, be sure to bring proof that you had been living together to the French consulate (utility bills).

In any case, it's necessary that he return to Serbia before his visa expires. Once back in Serbia, he can file his application at the French consulate.

Thank you Robert. I already have a one year visa issued by French Embassy in Serbia. And according to the embassy, as well immigration office in France, I need to apply for resident card in the local municipality, prefecture.
However, they recently changed procedure due to covid, and lot of things are unclear.
And the information available on their website is also not helping enough.

Bonjour, I think firstly apply online at prefecteur website and they will be intouch .Good luck

Hello, JL3,

You didn't mention whether or not you validated your visa with the prefecture when you arrived in France; if so, you may be able to exchange your visa long séjour for a titre de séjour vie privée familiale. But this depends on the prefecture. They all seem to have slightly different procedures.

Bob

Ah, i just noticed that you had already validated your visa. Good! By the way, what city do you live in?

Thank you Robert! Yes it is validated and it's visa de séjour valant titré de séjour. But it has to be renewed soon.
I live in Metz :) What about you?
The thing that bothers me the most is whether I am sending only copies of all requested documents. Or original passport, original OFII papers etc

It depends on your Prefecture, the procedure is on their website.
For mine, the forms are on the website, and the list of documents required.
They normally only respond to emails when you are responding to their email. Calls are waste of time.
I wondered about mailing the real documents and decided I did not want to.
As long as you get proof of contact with them like an appointment email you are safe.
My time was up 6 days after my last OFII appointment (health check) which took 6 months to get, was after the end of my visa. So as soon as passed, I got the appointment on the Precfecture's website. And they emailed the appointment confirmation so I was safe for the 2 weeks.

Everything must be copied onto A4-sized paper on one side only. It must be in the exact order of the list. They scan it all later.
I made an appointment on the Prefecture's website. It was for 15 mins, to see your Face and ID and Deliver the file.

"NO STAPLES in any paper"  My file was very thick so I paper-clipped all the documents of each section together. Which made it easy for them.
I put my Passport and Appointment email on top of the File. I had the file all in a folder in the correct order so as not to have it become out of order and easy to pass around the partition.
The person was very happy with that and it all went very well. They only have 15 min. Have the Passport Photos with you but they only took one and used it for my receipt.
I had the tax stamp but it was not required for this visit. It will be at the next one.  You will get the receipt and they will give an estimate of time before they will text you mine 3 to 6 months
So make sure you give them all the ways to reach you. on an A4 paper. Typed not written or spoken.
And Photocopies of each page of the passport even blanks and include the first empty page of the Green Family Book. They believe the book.
Any time you have a face to face have all the originals documents with you. They said that was the biggest reason for trouble after Staples.
I learned it all the hard way.

Next week I go for the next meeting with all the originals, tax stamps and photos the appointment is for 4 mins. And I will find out how long I get before doing it all again.

They say do not come early but I am in sight of the door for 30 mins and late is, you missed. It is a long trip.

If you want to do it by mail. You send them the Application form filled out, and good photocopies of the requested documents. The same way you would hand them in.
You will be in for a face-to-face later with any document they want to see. I always have them all in order for the current form in my school bag. I do not like going home without what I want.

Good luck  -  Before Covid-19 they were not as friendly as they have been this year. 
And always a Mask. When they look at the passport I gave them a flash of my face. It is fun to make them smile. The call to the window was right on time and almost not understandable. And security at the door was slow. So a little early was good. And every renewal has a fee and they will tell you how much before the appointment.

I live in Strasbourg. In case you don't already have this link: http://57.accueil-etrangers.gouv.fr/dem … avec-un-e/

Our reading of it is that you can send copies of everything except the utility bills; send a couple of originals. The advice others here are offering looks good.

I even used copies of utility bills since I get them on the web. No paper.
and no problem. But every office has its own rules. And every interviewer has their rules.