Looking to meet expats and share experiences.

Hello everyone I'm just new to this forum, my name is Don from Canada I'm planning on spending 6 months in Thailand this coming winter, I always like to start my trip by entering from Bangkok and then moving on after a couple of weeks. I would really like to key up with some expats that might be interested in showing me around Bangkok and perhaps introduce me to some sights that have have not yet experienced. I would love to learn how to use the metro just as an example and explore some different neighborhoods, I usually stay in the Solum area.
Thank you
Don.

Any questions you want to know, please ask

Howdy

I'm Richard, from the U.S. and retired in Thailand.  I've been in and out of Thailand since March, 1983.  These days I'm living on Soi Bearing (Sukhumvit 107).  If you'd like to meet for some coffee or beers, I'd be happy to show you around this area.  I also bought a small plot of land (with my Thai daughter) in Bangplee; I'm planting fruit trees and flowers there.  It's a little bit off the beaten path, so might also interest you.

Hi Don

Hi Don
I have been retired in Bangkok for a year.
I love Bangkok but the recent Covid outbreak has
been hard on the City and the Thai people.
The Vaccine is slowly coming out. I would wait till the end of the year
when Covid is cleared up.
Rocky

Nice to hear you are happy to live here. I

Welcome back to Thailand. I've been here for the better part of the time since 1993. I had a few jobs in USA, Hong Kong, Korea and Japan since then, but have been living in Thailand continuously since 2008. I've been all over and it's all good, but not sure where Solum is. Did you mean Silom?

Thank you Richard, would love to key up when I get to Bangkok. Cheers.

Thank you.

Thank you Jay, yes I meant Silom.

Very good.  See you then.

Yes I think I will wait a bit and see how things work out, at the moment I'm thinking of entering Thailand in November, I sure hope the rules and regulations will be more clear by then and we will know how the Phuket sandbox worked out.

bankbet99: Do you have any questions, just ask