How can I get a work permit here?

I am a Canadian professional worker and found some job opportunities in here, but the employer need me a work permit, how can I get that?

I had experiences to get a work permit visa in United States --- just shown the hiring contract signed with employer and a letter to the border officer (the letter was employer wrote to Border officer), then I got the visa which allow me to work in US. How about here? what is the procedure?

Thank you very much for your helps.


Hi and welcome on board WalkOn!

I hope other members will help you soon ;)


i dont know

this is a law office site that seems to have good info:

and of course this government site: … employment

I'm willing to bet it's going to be a bit trickier to work in Holland as a Canadian than it was for you to work in America. I've been reading lately about how the Dutch are attempting to restrict the number of work permits since there's already so much labor movement from other EU countries.

I am going to work in Netherlands from 1st Sep. Per my experience,my employer in Netherlands needs do the application of work permit for me. From my side, I provided required documents to HR there.

By the way, I am Chinese. So not sure if my case is applicable to you. If you want to know more details, feel free to contact me if it helps.

Hallo, may be you can contact IND or the website :
There you could finding some information .


Hello Depy -> Thank you for he info. Just to note that this thread is old (2011). ;)

Thank you,