Moving to KL, need advice to choose where to live

Hi,
I am moving to KL, my children will be in British School KL, and I am going to work in Petronas tower.
What is the best place to live? Mont Kiara? Damansara?
Please provide the estimate travel time to both area.

Thanks and regards

Depends what you want really,

Loads of great places in KLCC, good for work, not ideal for school kids though.. Mont Kiara is great for expats, lots of them there, lots to do and lots of schools in the area....personally Damansara isn't for me, although plenty of good spots out there too.

Thanks for responding.
What is the estimated time to travel from Mont Kiara to BSKL?
I am checking the distance in the map in it is sensibly in the middle.

Depends on traffic really, at the minute you could probably get there reasonably quickly from mount Kiara- maybe 10 minute drive?? But in KL regular traffic it could be 10 minutes, could be 40 minutes, just never know. If you're going there from KLCC it's about 20/30 minutes in regular traffic, mount Kiara to KLCC is roughly about the same, but again, traffic is going to grossly affect your travel time...

paddytimmons wrote:

Depends on traffic really, at the minute you could probably get there reasonably quickly from mount Kiara- maybe 10 minute drive?? But in KL regular traffic it could be 10 minutes, could be 40 minutes, just never know. If you're going there from KLCC it's about 20/30 minutes in regular traffic, mount Kiara to KLCC is roughly about the same, but again, traffic is going to grossly affect your travel time...

Well noted, I am originally from Jakarta which traffic was probably the worst than any other places in the globe 🌎. I got what you meant.
However we have been outside home country for quite sometime (more than 10yrs) so it's going to be a bit of another experience.
Thank you!

KLCC is in the center of the mess. If it were possible, id try to live inside the tower to avoid any commute at all! As I recall there is housing within walking distance of KLCC, like Dua Residency which is just past the KLCC park. Look at a map of KL and look for residential as close as possible. The commutes from Sri Hartamas and such places would be very tiring in the traffic jams. Then again, it depends your budget too. If its low you will be forced outside the area and commutes wont be avoidable.

cvco wrote:

KLCC is in the center of the mess. If it were possible, id try to live inside the tower to avoid any commute at all! As I recall there is housing within walking distance of KLCC, like Dua Residency which is just past the KLCC park. Look at a map of KL and look for residential as close as possible. The commutes from Sri Hartamas and such places would be very tiring in the traffic jams. Then again, it depends your budget too. If its low you will be forced outside the area and commutes wont be avoidable.

No issues in budget, only concern about the distance between school chosen to the place where I worked