Dating

Good day,

Once I move to Kuala Lumpur I will be open to dating.

I'd like to have more than 48 hours before someone realizes I'm a genuine ass instead of an ignorant foreigner. What cultural awareness is there to be had when considering dating locals?

Just join internations and attend their official pay as you go events.

Thanks for the advice, I'll most likely try it out.

How can someone else provide an answer to the question in addition to giving advice?

Malaysians are generally warm and friendly, especially to foreigners like yourself. The women can be friendly and also conservative, depending on individual characters. As long as you're polite and courteous, and not be a genuine ass of an ignorant foreigner, you should be fine.  :)

Too easy, I'm an ass, I try not to be ignorant.

Haha, well all the best in your dating endeavours .

QuentinStyger wrote:

Too easy, I'm an ass, I try not to be ignorant.

Actually Malaysian women are very aware of the dicks that most expat males are especially love em and leave em attitude or want to experiment etc so its much harder to date someone in KL than say London - easier to date a Malaysian in London. There are loads of 20 something foreign (not Malaysian) asian women in Changkat who are looking for a passport btw so for fun thats a route many males take. Both single and MBA (married but available).

Internations has some meat market events and some SPGs (loo, that up!) on the look out for passports as well but mostly bored expat women. i dated a few from IN as basically its the only place for expat women to find a date lol.

Malaysians are very romantic and dating someone is a serious business. Chinese girls are super conservative. Malay less so for the ones you meet but there are religious hassles. Malaysia has some wonderful Indian women but again very conservative. Most assess you as a husband. Hookups are rare

Nemodot, I thank you for that detailed analysis. I don't kiss let alone *** before marriage.

Good to know that the general attitude will view me as someone who wants to pump and dump, I'll be wary of any ladies who're overly friendly.

There are so many different cultures here in Malaysia, both local and foreign, so I think you should just keep an open mind about dating here. Cultural awareness for anyone you date really... As for your 'assness', well that's universally recognised so no need to worry  :lol: You aren't the first foreigner to plead ignorance in the place of being an ass...

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

That was the point of asking in the first place; to get cultural awareness. Telling me the answer to cultural awareness is being culturally aware is not very helpful.

Oh you are looking for men.....?

No I'm not looking for men.

hahah  :D