Proof of residency

Hi guys - can i get a document from thai immigration for "proof of residency"?

I know I can pay 1,500 baht at the embassy for a stamped statement but I heard it may be possible (and cheaper) to get it from immigration.  I need this for my Thai driver license renewal.
cheers

Yes you can, just need to supply certain documents & complete the "proof of application" application from Immigrations

[link moderated]

Hi,

You can get one from immigration at muang thong thani (if you are in Bangkok).
It costs, I believe, 200thb.
Bear in mind you won't get it same day, it will be sent to you via Thai post and you should receive it within 2 weeks of application. You will also get receipt with tracking reference.

Hope this helps

Yea, It is a free service from Immigration Office.
Sadly some Office take a fee.

If you have Yellow Tabien Baan the house registration book for foreigners living in Thailand
You can use that for proof of residency.

Kindly.

Yes you can get the paperwork from Immigration if I recall it cost about 200 THB , you will need to bring passport photos with you.

Thanks very much ! Exactly correct. I got it.

Unfortunately I went to get my driver license after 3 month queue this morning … no foreigner appointments right now! Good heavens … have to wait and check website for availability to come back

Thank you

It is free from Thai immigration, unless you are using the One Stop Service at Chamchuri Square. They do not offer the service, and the provincial immigration offices will refuse to issue it as you are not in their system. So you are out of luck in that case. Whether this is legal or not who knows, but that is the way it goes down if you try.

That said, most offices will charge you anywhere from 200 - 500 baht in order to issue the letter. This is done without a receipt, of course. But good luck trying to get it without this facilitation fee.

HI, Yes should be able to get from Immigration.
I did my licences last December, Girl at immigration filled in forms for me and no charge!
Good luck
Nigel

It's actually called 'Residence Certificate' and at the bottom of the form you just check the box for drivers license as the reason for the certificate.