Ham Radio operators

Thought I would check and see if there are any other Ham radio operators here on the forums.  If so, let me know.  Thanks.

Hello vinster,

May I know why you are looking for Ham radio operators?

Do let me know. Maybe I could help you in this.1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Thought I would check and see if there are any other Ham radio operators here on the forums. If so, let me know. Thanks.
-@vinster

Thailand isn't exactly ham radio mecka. There aren't that many truck drivers (or people af home) with a ham radio. In 2022 in Thailand people communicate online.

@vinster

Hi I am a Amateur radio operator for many years. I live in New Zealand at the moment but looking to moving to Thailand in the near future.

I will be in Thailand mid Oct to late Nov.

My callsign is *** and I am *** if you want to contact me

brigante53

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please share these details through private message. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello vinster,
May I know why you are looking for Ham radio operators?

Yoginee
Expat.com team
-@Yoginee

That's an easy one. Strange as it seems, it can be hard to find expat hams as local licenses aren't always easy to get.

Also, if I may offer a suggestion.

Giving your callsign releases a lot of personal information.

I only ever give G0 on the open forums.

That identifies origin, age, and type of license, but gives nothing else away.

Hi Fred,

I agree.  I just got my HS0 call.  Was hoping to find some other expat hams on the forums.

Hi Fred,
I agree. I just got my HS0 call. Was hoping to find some other expat hams on the forums.
-@vinster

You just did 1f600.svg but I'm not active at the moment - not quite silent key, more resting

@Fred

Likewise here, Fred.

VE3--, not yet silent key :)

Thailand isn't exactly ham radio mecka. There aren't that many truck drivers (or people af home) with a ham radio. In 2022 in Thailand people communicate online.
-@Leeds forever!

I think you're confusing amateur radio operators (hams) with citizen band operators (CB'ers).

Thailand, in fact, ranks 4th in the world for amateur radio operators

Check out the Radio Society of Thailand.  and the ARRL, Thailand. 

QRZ,  Where are you living in Thailand.  I have been a ham there since 1980 first as HS1AMT and now as HS0ZDG.  I am normally in BKK every other month.  Do you attend RAST monthly meetings when they have them?  You should contact Tony HS0ZDX for expat info as he has lived and worked in BKK for 60 years or Champ E21eic.

Karl, K4YT/Hs0ZDG

I have just applied for my reciprocal Thai call - doesn't seem to be a problem. Living in Chiang Rai.

@kuddell Hi Karl. I just retired here in Thailand in October. Have a home near Klaeng in Rayong province. Looking to set up my shack. I'd like to chat with somebody about amplifiers, tuners, etc.

Thanks!

Moderated by Mickael last year
Reason : Do not publish your public data here. You can send it on private message
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Also, if I may offer a suggestion.
Giving your callsign releases a lot of personal information.
I only ever give G0 on the open forums.
That identifies origin, age, and type of license, but gives nothing else away.
-@Fred

I recommend keeping to the above.

The internet is heaving with people out to get your personal data, mostly for advertising and sales, but also with nasty little sods that can use your details for far more dangerous things.

@Yoginee hello. can you please help by giving me the mail adress or any contact. i'm a french journalist ans i want to send my CV to the radio please.

Just got my thai licens, thanks to RAST, quick and easy.

I'm still waiting for temporary 90 day import "licens".

I'll be in Hua Hin from July 12.

Were can i buy a new or second hand HF radio ?

@kuddell good day , I'm glad to hear there are radio hams in Thailand. I have an interest in moving there and would like to set up over there . I am interested to hear of any restrictions or limitations .

Thailand, on 80 or 40, Is next door to a the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, and a bunch of other countries.

Perhaps, one day in the next month or two, we could arrange a QSO on 80.

G0 and YD1

(I did the test in Indonesia and earned a callsign)

Hi I am Günter from Austria, OE1... and I want to know how to get a license for Thailand, I am living in Nonthaburi since 3 months on a farm, so antenna would be no problem here - tks es 73

@Yoginee > hi their This is k6caL in

San jose, california Name: marcus . Greer

@Leeds forever!

I think it's spelled 'Mecca'...