What's your best movie quote?

The Pursuit of Happyness, 2006

Hey. Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. Not even me. All right? All right. You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period.

https://youtu.be/UZb2NOHPA2A

Our greatest glory is not in falling, but rising every time we fall.

-- Sylvester Stallone as prize fighter Rocky Balboa.  A similar quote widely attributed in English to the Chinese philosopher Confucius told of 'not failing' but 'rising every time you fail'.

In My Fair Lady, referenced above, while Eliza is being cleaned up by the female staff of Prof. Henry Higgins' household, Higgins is in the upstairs library bantering with Col. Hugh Pickering (Wilfrid Hyde-White) below.  Pickering is concerned that with Eliza moving in for tutoring, Higgins might take advantage of her...

Pickering:  Are you a man of fine character where women are concerned?
Higgins:  Have you ever met a man of fine character where women are concerned?
Pickering:  Yes, frequently.
Higgins:  Well, I haven't... So here I am, a confirmed old bachelor and likely to remain so.

This leads to Higgins' rendition of the song "Never Let a Woman In Your Life!"

--

Despite receiving extensive vocal training after securing the male lead in the film, Rex Harrison could not sing a note.  Ultimately, director George Cukor decided to let Harrison "quasi-speak" his way through the musical, just as he had done in the stage version on Broadway.  (Source: IMDb)

Ironically, Audrey Hepburn as Eliza Doolittle didn't sing in the film either!  Eliza's voice was dubbed by Marni Nixon (per answers.com).  Julie Andrews (as Mary Poppins) won the Academy Award for Best Actress of the year.  Cukor won Best Director for My Fair Lady and the film won the award for Best Picture.

My Fair Lady's ensuing scene features Eliza's father, Alfred P. Doolittle, played by Britain's famous comic actor Stanley Holloway, who could actually sing.  He had "a splendid baritone voice," according to his biographer.

With his merry band of pub crawlers in tow, Holloway launches into the song "With a Little Bit of Luck" in his Cockney accent, including the lines...

The gentle sex was made for man to marry
To share his nest and see his food is cooked
The gentle sex was made for man to marry, but
With a little bit o' luck
With a little bit o' luck
He can have it all and not get hooked!

Alfie's luck holds up through the coda.  While his drinking buddies are inadvertently swatted into a large ditch, he winds up strolling into a pub arm-in-arm with a saloon gal 50 years his junior.

Batman (Michael Keaton):
"Mistletoe can be deadly if you eat it."

Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer):
"But a kiss can be even deadlier if you mean it."

'Batman Returns' (1992) film

:heart:

Batman (Michael Keaton):
"I tried to save you"

"Seems like every woman you try to save ends up dead... or deeply resentful. Maybe you should retire."

:up:

Jeff Spicoli: I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine. (Fast Times at Ridgemont High)

Wyatt Earp: You gonna do somethin' or just stand there and bleed? (Tombstome)

Melvin Udall:  You make me want to be a better man. (As Good as it Gets)

Jack Twist: I wish I knew how to quit you. (Brokeback Mountain)

Adrian Cronauer: Good morning, Vietnam! (Good Morning, Vietnam)

Everything in life is negotiation. Life is a negotiation. The human nature rules that apply to all people, it doesn't matter if you're a terrorist or a businessman.

-Christopher Voss in The Art of Negotiation (Masterclass web series)

Mr Udall … How do you write women so well… I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability ... As Good as it Gets 👍🏻

We gotta have a doctor.  I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies.

-- Butterfly McQueen as Prissy, in Gone With the Wind (1939).

McQueen grew to dislike intensely the obsequious part she had performed as a slave in the O'Hara household, a role she considered demeaning. (Turner Classic Movies) 

The iconic line she delivered in her unique and high-pitched voice about "birthin' babies" nevertheless lives on in the history of cinema.

----

McQueen was not permitted to attend the premiere of Gone With the Wind, a star-studded gala that was held in Atlanta at a whites-only theater.  (Wikipedia)

Her smiles, her frowns,
Her ups, her downs
Are second nature to me now
Like breathing out and breathing in...

I was serenely independent and content before we met...
Surely I could always be that way again
And yet,
I've grown accustomed to her look...
Accustomed to her voice
Accustomed .. to her face.

-- Prof. Higgins (Rex Harrison) in My Fair Lady (1964),
realizing his deep affection for Eliza Doolittle.
Song title... "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face."

"Food fight!"

-- John Belushi as Bluto in Animal House (1978).  Scruffy Bluto crashes the preppies' table in a campus cafeteria .. and within minutes, insanity ensues.

The film was shot on location at the University of Oregon at Eugene.  The SNL star's role turned out to be his big-screen breakout performance.

The scene is currently available online...

Search at Youtube.com... food fight belushi animal house

The scene is 1 minute 44 seconds.  The filmed food fight lasted under three seconds.

" I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me."

The Departed, 2006

"Every time I see you, you seem to go out of your way to make me feel like a *complete* idiot. And you really needn't bother: I already feel like an idiot most of the time anyway."
(Bridget Jones Diary)

Mama always said… “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get “

Forrest Gump
☀️

La meuilleure pour moi est "J'ai des mains faites pour l'or et elles sont dans la merde" de Tony Montana

@aboughanmi10 could you please post in English on this thread ? thanks

Godzilla

"You can't do this alone.  There's strength in needing others, not weakness."

-- Dr. Rosshilde (Emma Thompson) giving advice to superstar chef and recovering addict Adam Jones, in 'Burnt' (2015).

The movie is currently streaming on Netflix.

The Top 100 Best Movie Quotes · "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." · "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." · "You don't understand! · "Toto, I've ..
"Every time I see you,  192.168..l00.1
you seem to go out of your way to make me feel like a *complete* idiot. And you really needn't bother: I already feel like an idiot most of the time anyway."
(Bridget Jones Diary)

i only wanted the bloody doors blown off.??  Michael Cain "Italian Job"

Best for me is Tony Montana's "I got hands made for gold and they're in the shit"

from GuestPoster094

The Top 100 Best Movie Quotes · "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." · "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." · "You don't understand! · "Toto, I've ..
"Every time I see you, 
you seem to go out of your way to make me feel like a *complete* idiot. And you really needn't bother: I already feel like an idiot most of the time anyway."
(Bridget Jones Diary)

From the original Tom Cruise Mission Impossible movie (1996).

"Let's not waste time chasing after him.  Just make him come to us.  Everybody has pressure points, Barnes.  You find something that's personally important to him .. and you squeeze."

-- CIA operative leading a 'mole hunt' against M.I. agent Ethan Hunt (Cruise),
      currently streaming on Netflix

About Sidney Poitier.

[From his obituary in the New York Times following his death this month at his home in Los Angeles....]

Although often simmering with repressed anger, his characters responded to injustice with quiet determination.  They met hatred with reason and forgiveness, sending a reassuring message to white audiences and exposing Mr. Poitier to attack as an Uncle Tom when the civil rights movement  took a more militant turn in the late 1960's.

"It's a choice, a clear choice," Mr. Poitier said of his film parts in a 1967 interview.  "If the fabric of the society were different, I would scream to high heaven to play villains and to deal with different images of Negro life that would be more dimensional.  But I'll be damned if I do that at this stage of the game."

---

Sidney Poitier was 94.

Do what you got to do
to do what you want to do .

The Great Debaters.

"I know kung-fu" 😲

A great collection of quotes and dialogues ,all are the amazing..

Batman (Michael Keaton):
"Mistletoe can be deadly if you eat it."

"But a kiss can be even deadlier if you mean it."

'Batman Returns' (1992) film

heart.png

- @kittycat1

Oooh that's a good one! She was so good as catwoman
My best movie quote is from the movie Apocalypse Now.Where Colonel Kurtz (Marlon Brando) interrogating captain."Are you an assassin?i am a soldier.You are neither,you are an errand boy sent by the grocery clerks to collect the bill"
i like this quote very much and use it a lot in Real life.

2 quotes from Apocalypse now so far.

"It can't rain all the time." (The Crow)

“You're born, you take shit.

Get out in the world, you take more shit.

Climb a little higher, take less shit.

Till one day you're in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like.

Welcome to the layer cake, son.” (Layer Cake)
“I've never seen a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will drop frozen… dead…  from a bow… without EVER having felt sorry for itself” GI JANE
Chinatown.

Eighteen years before Jack Nicholson famously stated "You can't handle the truth!" in A Few Good Men (1992), his character the detective Jake Gittes sought the truth about a girl living with the woman Evelyn (Faye Dunaway) in the film Chinatown (1974).

Evelyn:  She's my daughter

(Gittes stops Evelyn.)

Gittes:  I said I want the truth.

Evelyn:  She's my sister.

(pause)

Evelyn:  She's my daughter.

(pause)

Evelyn:  My sister.  My daughter.

Gittes:  I said I want the truth.

Evelyn:   She's my sister AND my daughter!

"You've just spent too much time running away, to realize what you may be running toward"
- Monk to Desmond, LOST

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR