Visas - Wife & Son

Hi All,

I am tryng to find someone who has eperienced brining their Spouses, family or children here from the Philippines in regards to the visa process.

Any light shed on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thansk and warm regards,

John

Hi;

Myself is originally from the Phils. , sad to say it would take quite a long process. If you are in Sweden, you have to apply visas for your wife & her son.

You should be specific if the son is yours or is it her from a previous marriage. If it is your son, then you have to apply visas directly for both of them from the Migrationsverket in Sweden. You ask your spouse to send you a copy their passports coz the Migrationsverket in Sweden will ask you a copy it.  You will always make a follow up the application of their visas coz sometimes it takes a while to have it done and also depends for how long is the qeue applying for a family visas. The Migrationsverket makes decision of they can aquire " Uppehållstillstånd" prior to their coming to Sweden. For how fast the processing will be, will all depend on you how often you follow up your application of their visas & the completion of your requirements they need from you.

You have to make sure that you ask your wife to send you a copy " NO MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE" from the authority in Phils. coz Migrationsverket will ask for this document and also a pre requisite if in case you want to marry in Sweden. If your marriage has been officiated in the Phils. then she has to acquire a copy of your marriage certificate because you need this document when applying a visas for them in Sweden.

I wish you good luck and welcome your family in Sweden👩🏼‍🤝‍👨🏽 I hope this helps...

Charito B Malmström