Applying for Fiance Visa to Sweden

Hallå!

So I  met someone online from Sweden. He wants me to marry him and live with him.

The thing is...

1.We just met a month ago and we started dating on May 31,2018.
2.He is 15 years older than me. (I'm 27 years old)

He is going to visit me this August.  Specifically on the 21st and will go back to Sweden after two weeks of stay here.  He would have come sooner if it wasn't because of his work. 

Now my concern is,..

1. will the people who will make the decision to our fiance visa application deny it because of the things listed above?

2. If the reason stated above does not deny us from our fiance visa application,  how long will the wait time or process will take? 

I know it is kind of fast but we genuinely love each other.

**before anyone would judge me for being a gold digger,  he isn't rich.  He works 10-12 hours as a taxi driver and I have not asked anything from him,  well,  just chocolates from Sweden when he comes here hahaha**

Hoping to read/get some useful tips/opinions from everyone!

Tack så mycket!

Alexia

Welcome to the Forum :)

I am not going to judge you, but a month does seem to be a short time and on that ground, your visa would likely be denied. Immigration wants to see proof that you are in a relationship.

Emails
Photographs
Evidence that you visited each other
Chat logs

Now if you can only provide a month's worth then this will go against you.

My advice would be to wait some time and make a bigger case of documentation.

I'm sorry it's not what you wanted to hear.

This does really burst the bubble but it's reality. I guess they won't believe us if we try.  It'll be a waste of money if we try now.. 

He will come visit so photographs will be available soon.  And chat and emails are always there.

But about me visiting there,  should I just get a tourist visa?  Will they approve my application?

I guess me and my boyfriend will just have to wait for a little longer. 😅

Really appreciate this, Thanks for the reply!

I can not see any reason why your tourist visa would be declined.

Because im unemployed?   ** well not really unemployed but i just got hired recently.  Online job but it doesnt pay much** I just read before that there was a filipina who got her application as a tourist,  not in sweden (i forgot the country) though,  because she doesnt have a job. 

Its like it could be one of the reason why she might not return back to the Philippines or something.

Hi inkedaxiela!

I almost had the same case as yours when I applied for Schengen Visa. I have known my boyfriend for six months when he visited me in my country. Then officially we became a couple. After 2 months, we applied for Residence Permit and since it will take 14 to 18 months for the decision, we applied for Schengen Visa. But since the Swedish Embassy and Consulate in my country don't handle Schengen Visas, we submitted it to the Norwegian Embassy.

I had a really good work in my country. I had good salary with good benefits and privileges. I was also paying for my own house. I was financially independent since I graduated. What we did wrong was to strongly and over-confidently believe that my Schengen Visa would be granted. And since I had a senior position at work, I couldn't file a 3-month leave. So i opted for resignation. Which was a very bad idea. The Norwegian Embassy took it against me. They also didn't believe that our relationship was established enough. It was frustrating but it was a lesson learned. So i want to share it with you. Nonetheless, my visitor's permit got approved and I was able to live with my partner for 6 months. Now after 18 months of waiting, my residence permit has been granted as well.

In addition, getting married too fast is undeniably questionable for the authorities. Because even though both of you are genuinely in love, marriage is another thing and that is way bigger than being in love. I and my partner, despite all the advices that we should get married to get the visa faster, refused to do so. Why?

1. This is more personal - We both believe it is too soon to get married. Even though we were genuinely in love, we still don't think that marriage should be in an early stage of our relationship. We both believed and we still do, that we need to be together long enough to know for sure that we are both ready to get married.

2. This is more rational - although we care less about what others would think, we didn't want the authorities to question our relationship. Proving your sincerity to someone stranger (authorities - and/or someone outside your relationship) is hard enough. Getting married soon is like adding another item in the cart which they can question.

Before I left my country, I had to attend a seminar conducted by the government. There were 4 women who got married a month after they met their partners. The gov't didnt release legal documents for them and they were even held at the office. Probably to be interrogated. When i witnessed that scenario, I felt it's a good thing that the gov't is strict in assessing applicants. It is not about discrimination or poor judgement, but to protect the women against prostitution and human and drug trafficking.

I won't judge you but as others have stated I'll put my own thoughts  also. The reality of your case is you haven't been in relation long enough. In order to protect your own interests and the interest of your partner MV will not grant you any permit. The fact you two have been talking online and in not in real life is a big red flag for MV. These are the facts.