Divorce and Visa (want some help with same experience)

Hello,

I am from Asia and studying in Sweden now. Before I decided to study here, I married an Asian guy through our relatives' introduction. We registered in Sweden during my visit to him. After that, he still worked in Sweden, but I back to Asia. So we separated for 7 months after marriage. In order to end this long-distance marriage, I wanted to study in Sweden and wanted to know each other better by living together. So I applied for a Swedish university. However, our relationship faced different issues and we didn't have the abilities to fix them. At that time, he got a chance to work in another country before I received my Swedish university admission. He chose to accept the new job finally. I stayed with him in a new country for 4 months and tried my best to fix our relationship. But still nothing. He asked for the divorce 3 times. But I couldn't decide at that time. So I accepted my Swedish university admission and try to be more independent, while we could calm down a bit for reconsideration. After nearly 10 months separation and consideration, I don't have the willingness to continue this marriage and want to pursue a new life. So I want a divorce now. But he seems to want to continue this pathetic marriage now. I have no idea why.

The thing is, he has Swedish permanent resident permit and my temporary resident permit is based on his PR. What will happen if I divorce him? I want to stay in Sweden and look for jobs. How can I get a legal permit before I get a job?

Second, I don't want to affect his PR during this process because the court may know he works abroad now. I am not sure if this will lead to the revoke of his PR or not.

Third, how can we divorce smoothly in Sweden? And how long does it take?

Last, I heard that if we separate for 2 years, I can apply for divorce directly. How to count 2 years? After marriage, we separate (not continuously) 17months. We just marry for 23 months. Does it count like this way?

I really hope someone can help me with this!

Thanks in advance!

U Can live apart and complete yours studied first. On completion of your studies u apply for a residence visa

Once this is obtained u Can Both sign the divorce
Papers and agree to a divorce. Then IT Will take some weeks. If there are cildren involved or if
Only one preson signs IT Can GO for 6
Months which is the time given for thinking IT Over. Things Can take up to  4
Wks to ger a divorce  and a date given by courts when IT wil be legal

A divorce in the middle of yr studies Will affect you and chances of getting a residence visa
Try to have an agreement with  yr partner.
Good luck

Petal

If you apply through him and if you divorce him you have to leave Sweden,