Moving Back To Sweden From USA

Hello! Looking for any advice or someone who has maybe had a similar experience.
I am a United States citizen who has previously had permanent residency in Sweden through my Swedish spouse. I lived there for about 4 years. Shortly after the birth of my first child, we moved back to the United States. It has been almost 5 years since the move back. Now we are wanting to move back to Sweden and have recently learned my Swedish residency has been revoked due to me living out of the country for a long period of time. The process seems all very confusing now. Hoping to find someone who has gone through a similar situation or could share any advice. It seems we will have to start over and that my Swedish husband will have to move to Sweden first to meet the maintenance requirements before I reapply for myself and child.

Hello, As you can see here https://www.migrationsverket.se/English … weden.html There is no exact rule concerning such a matter, but, it is case by case decision manner. And as far as I understand it you have a very higher chance to get your residence permit.

Because your family ties through your spouse, because you have had a permanent residence permit. And if your spouse decide to come with the child they can't deny it and since the child is a minor you automatically belong to the whole package. What citizenship has the child? If not Swedish then you may can apply and that also could be the start of the whole process of coming home. All the best!

Thank you for your reply! It seems now with the new changes on the migrationsverkets website (that started on July 20th) we will be exempt from the maintenance requirements and won't have to separate our family.

Exemptions from the maintenance requirement
Examples of when the requirement for support and housing does not apply are when: you are a Swedish citizen, citizen of the EU / EEA or a Swiss citizen, you are married / cohabiting and the relationship is well established (for example, you have lived together for a long time)

https://www.migrationsverket.se/Privatp … erige.html

Hello :)
I have a similar case. I would like to know how that worked out for you.
Thanks