Schengen visa while waiting for residence permit

Hi, I am Joyce from Pampanga,Philippines but currently based in Malaysia. I would like to ask if anyone know if i can apply schengen visa while waiting for my residence permit  to sweden?coz been waiting for 4 months now until now the decision still pending.

in my case i had my schengen visa first then i applied my residence,just got my residence last year,i waited 6months for it while staying here in sweden.

Hi have you try to apply for a tourist visa already? I am planning to apply for a tourist visa but I'm worried it may affect my pending application of residence permit.

mariamilo wrote:

in my case i had my schengen visa first then i applied my residence,just got my residence last year,i waited 6months for it while staying here in sweden.

Hey. I have the same case with you.
I just applied RC but it is in process. As my husband is british citizen. I am just not sure how long time would it take??

joizzie20 wrote:

Hi, I am Joyce from Pampanga,Philippines but currently based in Malaysia. I would like to ask if anyone know if i can apply schengen visa while waiting for my residence permit  to sweden?coz been waiting for 4 months now until now the decision still pending.

Hi, Joyce!

I think you can apply for schengen visa while you are waiting for your residence permit. Just wanna ask, are you done with the interview in the Consulate of Sweden in Manila? 

I waited 6 months before I got to book my appointment for the interview then the Consulate booked me an appointment date thats going to be 3 months later.  After my interview, I finally received a mail from Migrationsverket that I was granted a residence permit but it took me 6 more months starting from the day of my interview until I received that confirmation.  Overall, I had to wait 15-18 months just to be over with everything and finally got my residence permit card and to be back here in Sweden with all the documents needed with the RP. I arrived here 6 months ago and now I live in Göteborg.

Just be patience. :) Good luck!

Jerica_a wrote:

Hi have you try to apply for a tourist visa already? I am planning to apply for a tourist visa but I'm worried it may affect my pending application of residence permit.

Try to contact Consulate of Sweden or the Embassy of Sweden in Manila for any advice and if that would possible. In my opinion, I think its better if you'll just wait until the process of ur permit is done. Less hassle and just be patient.

In my experience, I waited for the interview until I got the mail from Migrationsverket that I was granted a residence permit and after that, I had to go to the Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok, Thailand for the biometrics. That's needed in making the residence permit card. Btw from the day I applied online until I received a mail that I was granted, i waited for 15 months. Pretty long to wait but I have to. Now I'm here in Sweden for 6 months now so Good luck! :D

Please update here when you finally got the residence permit. :)

Hello po did you mean tourist visa for schengen countries ? And how many months po? Is it possible for me to leave longer in Sweden as tourist while waiting for my resident permit? I haven't got news yet and it's now 7months from the time I sent an application.

Hi, Imyzing!

Schengen visa is given to those who wants to apply for visa as a tourist in Sweden. Yes, when you have it, you can also travel to other schengen countries using that visa. It is possible for you to stay longer in Sweden as a tourist if you extended your schengen visa in Sweden. (it depends to Migrationsverket how many months they will give you for your tourist visa extension when you apply) but from the moment you'll have a booked appointment for the interview in the Consulate of Sweden in Manila, then you will have to go back in the Philippines.

Always make sure your partner living in Sweden will always contact Migrationsverket about your case so they won't forget about you. I remember my husband called them for the first time to ask when I will be given an interview date, and the next day, I received a mail from them that I should contact the Swedish Mission in the Philippines to book an interview appointment.

Hello lilocn! Oh I see! Thank you so much for your response. Actually I was there last year for 3months but I didn't not extend my visa. I went back to Philippines then I process for my residency application and passed it last January, until now I haven't got any news. My boyfriend really on hurry for me to move there but we don't know what to do for now... shall I need to inform the migrationsverket first if I will go there in Sweden as a tourist ?

Hi Imyzing! From what I understand, you applied last January but you haven't received any news even about when will you have the interview . Am I understanding it correctly?

I think you can apply for another tourist visa and if approved, of course you can travel back to Sweden while waiting for your appointment but you also need to consider that when its time for you to have an interview in manila (specific booked date for the interview), you will need to go back in the Philippines. After your interview, I think you can go back to Sweden as a tourist still and wait for the decision. There's no guarantee the waiting time after your interview will be less than 2 months. Before, it would take 1-2 months only but now It could be more than 3 months. I received mine after 6 months since the interview.

If you will be given an approved case, and you're already in Sweden, I think its possible to do your biometrics in Migrationsverket in Sweden and your residence permit card will be sent to your home address in Sweden.

To be totally sure about this, you can email the Consulate General of Sweden in Manila. They are fast to respond as soon as they receive your mail. If you live in Manila then you can also call them. 

Here I'll provide you their contact information.
Consulate General of Sweden, Manila
6/F First Maritime Place
7458 Bagtikan Street
San Antonio Village
Makati, The Philippines
Tel: +63-2-89 61 160
Fax: +63-2-89 60 194
Email: [email protected]

Besökstider / Visiting hours
Måndag - Fredag: 9:00 – 12:00
Monday - Friday: 9:00 – 12:00 

I hope that would help your case. :) Wish you good luck!

Hi!

Yes that is correct I haven't received even for the interview schedule. Thank you so much for the helpful information. I will try to clarify with the consulate if I can apply as tourist in Sweden again.. Godbless!

More than happy to help you, Imyzing. :)

Please don't forget to update us here about your situation. I'm sure more people have the same case like you when applying for residence permit in Sweden.

Lycka till! :D

Thank's God. I'm glad i got my residence Card granted less than 1 month. Since i also commented on this thread. Weeks ago. I think im the lucky one to get the permit less than 1 month.

Sure thing! Hopefully it will work well soon

That's great!!! Congrats you deserve it! Hopefully I will have a news soon

Hi Christa Merry Snape😊
If I understand you correctly, you had your permit granted after one month? That's awesome! I had my interview on Aug 1, all I can do now is wait patiently and hope I get it as fast as you did 😀

Svensgaard A wrote:

Hi Christa Merry Snape😊
If I understand you correctly, you had your permit granted after one month? That's awesome! I had my interview on Aug 1, all I can do now is wait patiently and hope I get it as fast as you did 😀

Hello..  I applied my residence card on 25july and i granted on 11august. And the card sent on 17th august.  So its less than 1month. Wish you luck. FYI. It was all eassier for me because my husband is english. So its based on article10.
Thanks

What kind of permit did u get because for me is taking longer ?

Denada1 wrote:

What kind of permit did u get because for me is taking longer ?

Excuse me,  who are you point to??
My kind of residence permit its Residence Card. I got it valid until 5 years.  And granted only less than 1 month.

Hi I live in Sweden now. I came here with a Schengen visa and after that we seek again to extend it and lucky they give me 6 months more of extension. Now my husband don't want me to go home and we process a paper here for my residency permit. And the migrationsverket invite us to attend an interview this coming October 3. Is this really ok? I am afraid and nervous to their decision. Because as far as I know not allowed to process inside sweden.

Jenbers66 wrote:

Hi I live in Sweden now. I came here with a Schengen visa and after that we seek again to extend it and lucky they give me 6 months more of extension. Now my husband don't want me to go home and we process a paper here for my residency permit. And the migrationsverket invite us to attend an interview this coming October 3. Is this really ok? I am afraid and nervous to their decision. Because as far as I know not allowed to process inside sweden.

No need to be affraid of.  As long as your documents is complete, as long as youand your husband qualified.   they will process it asap.  Good luck

Thank you. But I met some filipina also here in Sweden and they said to me that it's not allowed to process inside sweden . And the worst is they said that maybe they banned me here and can go back 5 years. Is this true

Jenbers66 wrote:

Thank you. But I met some filipina also here in Sweden and they said to me that it's not allowed to process inside sweden . And the worst is they said that maybe they banned me here and can go back 5 years. Is this true

Well I don't know the rules.  But i am processing here in sweden.
My husband said if your husband is swedish, YES.  YOU HAVE TO PROCESS OUTSIDE SWEDEN THAT EASIER. But it still takes time. Only if You and Husband outside sweden then it will be alot easier.
But Read it carefully,  please.

My schengen Visa valid from :
03rd Juli 2017 - 30th September 2017 (90days)

I applied residence permit on :
25th Juli 2017

And my residence permit GRANTED on :
11th August 2017

Residence Permit Card SENT to my Address on :
17th August 2017

My Residence Permit VALID FOR 5 YEARS IN 2022

FYI.
My Husband Is English (British)  and live in Sweden
I am Indonesian and we followed the rules based on article 10.

So.  I was processing inside sweden.

Christa Merry Snape wrote:
Jenbers66 wrote:

Well I don't know the rules.  But i am processing here in sweden.
My husband said if your husband is swedish, YES.  YOU HAVE TO PROCESS OUTSIDE SWEDEN THAT EASIER. But it still takes time. Only if You and Husband outside sweden then it will be alot easier.
But Read it carefully,  please.

My schengen Visa valid from :
03rd Juli 2017 - 30th September 2017 (90days)

I applied residence permit on :
25th Juli 2017

And my residence permit GRANTED on :
11th August 2017

Residence Permit Card SENT to my Address on :
17th August 2017

My Residence Permit VALID FOR 5 YEARS IN 2022

FYI.
My Husband Is English (British)  and live in Sweden
I am Indonesian and we followed the rules based on article 10.

So.  I was processing inside sweden.

My husband I'd Danish but a Swedish citizen. Do you think this helps in terms of processing times, kinda like how you guys followed the rules based on article 10?

Article 10 only for NON swedish citizen OR EU LAW.  If your husband kept his previews citizenship it might be easier. My husband british, we processed it inside sweden so its fast. But if we processed it in ENGLAND, it will took along time for us.

Yes He is a Swedis. I came here September 12-dec 9 Schengen visa and we extend that an they give me 6months more. And process a residency permit on April 2017 and this coming October 3 is the interview. I hope all is well.

Christa Merry Snape wrote:

Article 10 only for NON swedish citizen OR EU LAW.  If your husband kept his previews citizenship it might be easier. My husband british, we processed it inside sweden so its fast. But if we processed it in ENGLAND, it will took along time for us.

Thank you!

Hi Christa, congrats on your residence permit. Have applied for residence permit last year in September 18th and I was called for interview on 14th feb but up to now haven't had from migration. We applied from Sweden  after finding out am pregnant but I was told to come back in Uganda for the interview. Now have given birth and the baby is 4 months nothing yet from migration. Have started processing my baby's passport which will take only 2 weeks at Swedish embassy in Uganda. My question,should i apply for tourist visa while my son is on Swedish passport? We really want to spend Christmas with the family. Thanks in advance

Prossytim wrote:

Hi Christa, congrats on your residence permit. Have applied for residence permit last year in September 18th and I was called for interview on 14th feb but up to now haven't had from migration. We applied from Sweden  after finding out am pregnant but I was told to come back in Uganda for the interview. Now have given birth and the baby is 4 months nothing yet from migration. Have started processing my baby's passport which will take only 2 weeks at Swedish embassy in Uganda. My question,should i apply for tourist visa while my son is on Swedish passport? We really want to spend Christmas with the family. Thanks in advance

Based from what i know is,
1.If you already applied for permit in sweden because your husband is swedish, then YES, you have to be out from sweden until your permit granted.
2.I think yes you can apply for holiday visa while waiting your permit put on hold. Because i have friend had the same like this as well.
Good luck.

Thanks dear Christi. The father of my baby is Swedish but we are not married yet. Do you think they about to get back to me. Does he need to put pressure on my case officer? I don't want my process to be put on hold. I don't know the best option since we want to spend first Christmas with the family which is mostly for my son. Thanks

Prossytim wrote:

Thanks dear Christi. The father of my baby is Swedish but we are not married yet. Do you think they about to get back to me. Does he need to put pressure on my case officer? I don't want my process to be put on hold. I don't know the best option since we want to spend first Christmas with the family which is mostly for my son. Thanks

There's nothing you can do, except just wait. You cannot even pressure the office. Just wait. Maximum 25months. They will get back to you. My friend had to wait about 18months until its granted. Its swedish rules so you have to follow the country rules. My husband is English, i had to wait about 1 week, because we follow EU rules, as my husband not swedish. So Sweden has to follow EU rules.

Ok Christa, thanks for the information. God bless

Am here, I want also to apply. Let me know if you have applied. My son is waiting for his Swedish passport in 2 weeks it will be out. And me am waiting for residence permit which has taken about 14mths nothing yet. We applied when I was only 1mths pregnant but now my son is 4 mths

Hi

I have done my interview in Kenya .iam Kenyan and to my surprise I did my biometrics the same day today after I finished the interview what does this mean ? I always thought the biometrics are done when they give u a decision

Hi Joyce, I did my interview in February and my biometric was also taken but up to now no decision made yet. I think that's how the embassy do it. Good luck to both of us

Okay ..I found it very weird but will take that as a good sigh ...hopefully not too much waiting good luck for us God bless pray hard also

Yeah hopefully very soon. Let's keep praying, God will see us through

Hi Mario . You apply for schengen visa for get marry and then apply for resident permit ? I'm not sure I read you post  clearly . Thank you

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to ask if it is possible for me to apply for a residence permit soon with out applying for a schengen visa first? Because I heard I need to apply for a Shengen visa first as a tourist for 3months and go back to Philippines to apply for a residence permit buT I wanted to stay with my husband for good already and to minimize expenses of going back and forth. Is it possible???

By the way, I am a Filipina and I just got married to a Swedish citizen few months ago.
I hope to hear to guyz. Please enlighten us.

Thank you.