Visa D marriage

Hi guys
I am a Brazilian citizen married to an Ukrainian citizen for the past 4 years . We worked with all this years so I just used my Brazilian passport visa tree 90 /180 status to visit and stay in Ukraine , always careful with the days, because I did overstay ounce and had to pay a fine    and it sounded like , this time we let u go but don't do it again . Now due the pandemic all the ships are grounded and I been laying low on my wife's place for the past 70 days so my days are about to expire . We checked and they told us that I have to go to an embassy abroad,apply for a visa D basing on marriage . The nearest place for us os Moldova , can anyone give some help and info about docs needed , time , price etc
Thank you

Hi Mark,
You have to go back to your country and apply for  D visa at the Ukrainian Embassy in your country using your marriage certificate.  It will take from 15 to 30 days maximum.

You can check Embassy of Ukraine website in your country to get the right info regarding documents required.  The main document will be your marriage certificate in addition to your passport and proof of funds.

Hello I can help you I know all about this here is my email address ***

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Tnx Rchauhan
Just want to let everyone know , you don't need to go back to you country to apply for a visa D or C , as long as you schedule the appointment on any Ukrainian consulate outside the county , and have all the proper docs ,you should have no problem , I went to Moldova and got my visa with no issues .
Tnx again

I booked my appointment online for the Moldovan embassy. I brought my marriage certificate, passport, health insurance, and confirmation of funds to live on. I dropped the papers off in the morning, and picked them up in 2 hours. It was quick.

Tnx for the message BC Man
It was the same with me , we drove into Balti Moldova , which is a 5 hours drive from our city in Ukraine, they have a small less busy consulate there and we had no issues at all . Now we have 90 days to apply for the one year visa , just make sure you do it at least 21 business days before your D visa expires . Good luck

Yes, i received my temp 1 year in January, and my car has arrived in Odessa. Now that I know the process, the renewal will be easy.

Cool
Seams you're the top of ur game , I got my visa just 3 weeks ago so still have to apply for the one year . Also thinking about bringing the car I gave and the US , out of future ref . How much is to send the car ?

It cost me about 5,000 USD to ship from Vancouver to Odessa. Then I paid $1200 USD for unloading and processing of my car for a temporary visitor. If you do not go for the one year temporary, you are paying around 30% of the value of the vehicle to permanently import it. I have heard that many people to for a trip with it once a year to pass the border, have the car removed from your immigration record, then bring it back again for another year.

Tnx Buddy
That's great info ... wow 30% is very high , I always wonder why the European and American cars are so expensive here , that certainly clear that , is difficult to find a good SUV here with low mileage, for sone reason the mileage is extremely high on used SUVs in Ukraine
I might have to do the same one year deal too .
Thank you so much

I'll be applying for a D visa in a few weeks. Unfortunately from the UK it costs about £1500 which is about $2000. I don't blame Ukraine for that as it is based on the ridiculously high charges we make to Ukranians wanting to settle in the UK.

Anyway !

Once I've got the type D (based on 15 years of marriage and children) does anyone know if I will then be stung for additional sky high fees for the temporary residence, permanent residence and finally citizenship ? Or will it be reasonably affordable ?

Hey Michael
Sorry about the high fees , the reciprocity policy is how the run the immigration system here . Ounce you have your Visa D go to the capital of the state that you will be leaving in the Ukraine and apply for your one year temporary permit ,the fee is less than 50 pounds but you will have to buy an one year health insurance and your wife's docs must to be updated properly, she also will need to register herself on the Ukrainian address that you will be leaving in Ukraine,which will be the address to use for the insurance policy, the rest is basically notarized copy of all the passport pages , marriage license translated if is not an Ukranian license  and copy of her docs , with all that done you should get the temporary residence within 15 days and you'll  be good to go for one year
Good luck

Thanks for that. And then presumably after that I'd need a "permanent visa" followed by citizenship ?

Yes Michael !
It will be many more documents for  the permanent  visa ,but you will have time for that ... I suggest you to check all the requirements and docs needed at mfa.gov.ua , there you find all you will need .
Good luck

Michael1123 wrote:

I'll be applying for a D visa in a few weeks. Unfortunately from the UK it costs about £1500 which is about $2000. I don't blame Ukraine for that as it is based on the ridiculously high charges we make to Ukranians wanting to settle in the UK.

Anyway !

Once I've got the type D (based on 15 years of marriage and children) does anyone know if I will then be stung for additional sky high fees for the temporary residence, permanent residence and finally citizenship ? Or will it be reasonably affordable ?

Just to say for various reasons I still haven't applied for the D visa but I can answer my own question above. Once I've obtained a D visa, all the subsequent fees in Ukraine for the temporary residency, perm residency etc etc (all of them I think) will be at essentially very modest cost.

I'm back in the UK in 4 days and plan to first get a brand new UK passport with 10 years on it and then get the D visa.

In the meantime I've opened two bank accounts in Ukraine and got my tax code.

If anyone cares,  I'm happy to update on my experiences.