Ukranian D visa ( spouse)

Hi guys
I wonder if someone can help me !
I'm a brazilian citizen , green car US holder that married an Ukranian citizen 18months ago . I been coming in and out of Ukraine for the past three years and last time I left the country in Boryspol they stop and told ne I overstayed my visa free permit gor 7days . They were ok but I had to pay the 850HA fine which was fare , I simply apologize and told them that I miss counted the days , which is absolutely true .
Unfortunately they told me that I needed to wait 90 days to come back to Ukraine unlesss I go to the consulate and get a visa .
I need to comeback to Ukraine in one month time due personnal reasons ( family wedding) so we decided to go to Warsaw and apply for a D visa to be able to enter Ukraine  right after we get it
Can anybody give me some info on , docs needed , how long the visa is for , and how fast I get it  ??I appreciate any other suggestions as well

I am from England but I also “live” in Ukraine. I currently stay under the 90 day rules and up until recently this has worked out due to my work abroad.

However, now I plan to apply for a Type D visa, although mine will be based on employment in Ukraine until my fiancé and I are married. For me, it will be easier to apply in Warsaw, Poland than going back to England.

In order to apply for the visa, you need to complete the application online. This will also tell you which documents you need. From memory, I think these are:

- Passport
- Passport Photo
- Supporting Documentation
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Proof of Funds

If I understand correctly, a long term type D visa can only be applied for based on marriage after 2 years. Before then, you can apply for a short term visa.

With regards to timescales, a standard application take 10 days. I think you can pay double and reduce the time to 5 days.

I hope this helps!

Thank you Simon !
I was just looking to know what kind of supporting docs I need to have in hand to get this D visa or any kind that allowed me back for the 15 days I need it . I was told that fir spouse visa is a lot less , I just wanted to have I an idea and your reply gave a lot of info.
Tnx again

Dear Mark,

I would suggest that if you are in Ukraine already - head over to your nearest doctor and ask for a health check for VISA purposes. They will take a blood test for HIV and ask a few questions. It will make life simpler for you when you get to Poland.

If you ask for the country of pickup to be Poland then it is *possible* that you can be faced with having to speak either Polish or Ukranian in Warsaw. There is also a consulate in Krakow.

Thank u so much for ur suggestions!
Unfortunately I left Ukrane already, that's when I paid the fine and they told to stay away for 90days because of the 7 days I overstayed my visa .My wife lives in Ukraine, she needs to take care of her lovely enderly parents . No other Sisters or Brothers , I work abroad for a travel company, so I come as ofte as I can , I would wait the 90 days but we have a family events to attend plus I would prefer to stay in Ukraine without worry anout this 90 days 180days issue! So I was wondering jow hard it is to get yhis D visa if I meet my wife in Warsaw to get it . Docs and such
I appreciate any help

Hi Mark

I have just obtained my D visa for Ukraine to be with my wife.

You have to firstly compete the online application form and choose a consulate of your choice, and date to attend. I went to Lublin in Poland, but many other cities in Poland have Ukrainian consulates. It took 5 working days to get my visa once paying the fee in a Polish bank. You will need to take all your supporting information, eg notorised letter of invitation from your Ukrainian wife, 30,000 euro health insurance for 1 year (cheaper to buy in Ukraine). Bank statements, passport photos, marriage certificate, etc. Once you get this you can return to the Ukraine. This visa is for 3 months only, but then you can register for 1 year residency. Hope that this is of help to you.

Regards  Jon

Thank you so much reply!
Oh tou still need bank statement, that was one of my initial doubts .. Very helpful!! Any idea how much fo you need to have ?
All the best

Hi Mark

Don't think that you have to have a specific amount of money in your account. I think that they just want to see that you have a cash flow. They only asked for the last month's statements.

As long as your wife gives a letter of invitation and will house you and look after you, everything should be fine.

Here is a link to the application page if it is of interest to you.

visa.mfa.gov.ua

Regards  Jon

I went to the Ukrainian embassy in Moldova.  Toik one day for the 45 day Visa D.  When you get to Ukraine you appky for a one year temporary.  Do ut for each year.  Aftet two years, if married, apply for Permanent Resident.  Then all done.

Tnx for the reply Jon ,
I picked iup a contract on a ship for few months, so I won't apply for it now , when I finish in August, I should have another 90 days to deal with all this on my visa free brazilian passport
Tnx for all ur help

Tnx Doug
Ill do it this year for sure
Thank you again for the tip on Moldova
My wife is from Unan so we only few hours  away

Hello Room. I need advice pls. I meet a lady online.. ukraine lady and honestly i wish to be with her but the issue is that i am in Nigeria and i dont know how to go about being with her. Could someone pls educate me on the type type of visa to apply for and necessary document.
Thank you

fkenny wrote:

Hello Room. I need advice pls. I meet a lady online.. ukraine lady and honestly i wish to be with her but the issue is that i am in Nigeria and i dont know how to go about being with her. Could someone pls educate me on the type type of visa to apply for and necessary document.
Thank you

Hi Fkenny,

I have checked the Ukrainian Consultate and it seems that all Nigerians require a visa for entry into Ukraine. See this website...
https://mfa.gov.ua/en/consular-affairs/ … foreigners

In order to apply for a Visa, I would recommend that you contact the Ukraine Embassy in Nigeria - their contact details can be found here...
https://mfa.gov.ua/en/about-mfa/abroad/embassies/85

More information on applying for a visa can be found here...
https://mfa.gov.ua/en/consular-affairs/con/visa

As a citizen of the United Kingdom, I was required to submit an application online and then attend the Ukraine Embassy in London in order to submit my documents. It may be the same process for you...

I hope this helps!

Hello
I am an indian passport holder married to a ukrainian girl since 2 years now i had a temporary permit to stay and i coudnot renew it because i fidnt know the ovir rule of submitting documents for renewal 15 working days earlier so i coudnt then i over stayed in ukraine for 3 mo ths nearly and left and airport persons gave me fine and i came to mu country and applied for bisa and got denied and now i am so much worried i need some detailed information on how to know whag the matter is and how to solve

Hey bro
I am married to Ukrainian on 2016, I applied for spouse visa type ( D-13 ) in the embassy of Ukraine in Algeria I got refusal visa for the second time already and the reason " purpose of intended stay isn't confirmed "
I provided all the necessary documentation and meet all the requirements.
my wife even called to ask why ... etc the consul answered rudely, the decision comes from Ukraine.,
so could you please explain to me what is that mean? why he did that?

Faisalllllll wrote:

Hello
I am an indian passport holder married to a ukrainian girl since 2 years now i had a temporary permit to stay and i coudnot renew it because i fidnt know the ovir rule of submitting documents for renewal 15 working days earlier so i coudnt then i over stayed in ukraine for 3 mo ths nearly and left and airport persons gave me fine and i came to mu country and applied for bisa and got denied and now i am so much worried i need some detailed information on how to know whag the matter is and how to solve

kott142 wrote:

Hey bro
I am married to Ukrainian on 2016, I applied for spouse visa type ( D-13 ) in the embassy of Ukraine in Algeria I got refusal visa for the second time already and the reason " purpose of intended stay isn't confirmed "
I provided all the necessary documentation and meet all the requirements.
my wife even called to ask why ... etc the consul answered rudely, the decision comes from Ukraine.,
so could you please explain to me what is that mean? why he did that?

Hi Guys,
I am sorry to hear that you have experienced some problems obtaining visa's for Ukraine. I can imagine how difficult your situation must be right now.

Although I am English, I hope to be able to shed some light and give some advice to you. I have recently obtained a Type D Visa for 3 months, although mine is based on a Work Permit. My partner and I have setup a company in Ukraine and I am employed by that company. I have just successfully obtained by visa in London.

However, I used a company with offices in London and Kiev to deal with all of the paperwork. I did a lot of research beforehand about obtaining visas for Ukraine and decided that it would be more efficient to pay for the services of a company to handle the red tape and processes. It seems that there is a payment needed at every stage of the process!

I used a company called the Feod Group - you can Google them. However, there may be other companies in your country and/or Ukraine. I would highly recommend doing some research and using such a company. It can be much more efficient as they understand all possible legal angels that you can take.

I hope this helps!

Hello Simon,

You seems to have a lot of experience with papperwork in Ukraine.
Do you now if you are qualified for working in Ukraine if you obtained a VISA by marriage?
BR
Alex

Hi there

I will jump on here. you may be married to a Ukrainian but you then need to go through the Visa D and residency Visa system and then apply for your tax code. Then you can work. but you need a very good understanding of Ukrainian and or Russian, and if you believe you will teach . make sure all your paperwork is in order and 100% recognised internationally. 

hope this helps

martin

Hi Kott

I can shed light on your problem. Its called over staying without good Intention.
Ok there are two ways round this.
Give a 100,000 dollar gift for economical development. or
Wait at least 1 year until your automatic ban is up. Normally after you get your fine you get a stamp in your passport , which says your banned from entry for a period of ..............., best way to see if your ban is up see if you are able to enter the country as a tourist. Then you can get an advocate in the Ukraine who can help you. However the rules  state that you will still need to get another visa D from outside the Ukraine, and then apply for your temporary Visa.

The good thing for you is you will only need to have  one temp  res/visa as you will have been married for over two years, but in the 11th month of your temp res/visa you will need to go to the ovir and get your new residency visa.

hope this helps

martin

Thanks for reply!
So basically if you are married to ukrainian citizen and your recedency permit is in order you are allowed to start working in Ukraine?
Do you think there is international companies where english will work on a daily basis?

sadly there are very very companies that need just English. Most if not all require English and German, Russian, Ukrainian.
Ukraine is not a land of honey, they have the work force, they need investment, and people to steer them to a better future, better work practises, You can always work as a  volunteer for free and sometimes something comes from it. As for the Visa D yes once married then apply for the temporary visa and after a year you can apply for a full residence visa.

hope this helps

As far as I am aware, you would need a Visa, Residency Permit and Tax Code in order to work in Ukraine - based on marriage. The Tax Code is available from a local office in your city. You may need to ask around to find the correct office in your city.

See this website for information about the Residency Permit in Ukraine - specifically "Everyone who receives a residence permit has the same rights as other residents of Ukraine"...

https://migrationinukraine.com/en/vreme … v-ukraine/

I hope that helps...

Hello everyone,
Has anyone from U.S.A. successfully applied and received a temporary or permanent residency permit in Ukraine?  If so, my question is this.  One of documents need to be submitted is a letter or document from a police station verifying that someone lives at certain address.  I went to multiple police stations and sheriff's office, but noone in U.S.A. gives such document or letter.  I can get a letter about criminal history.  But I have not able to find any organization which can give me a notarized letter verifying that I live at certain address.  Anyone from U.S. ran into this problem and how did you resolve this dilemma?  Thank you.
Greg

hi greg

I think there is a little confusion on your part. to obtain a visa D from the USA. you need only have. Proof of employment in US. Or a least last job. Copy of your bank account, medical insurance. Thats it. appointments, and a list of anything else you need can be found on the Ukrainian embassy USA web site.
Once you are here then you need to prove where you will live and a few other things. I will check for you from the Ukraine side for you

martin

Martin,
I am ok with obtaining a D visa in US. My question was about one of documents required in applying for a residency permit in Ukraine.  Thanks.
Greg

hi Greg

in answer to you above. on arriving in Ukraine with your visa D. you will need.
A copy of your passport, notarised, into Ukrainian. 500 UAH on average/
Medical insurance, ( you will need to buy in Ukraine 1500 UAH ) I say this as its cheaper than getting your insurance notarised and Advocate to confirm etc etc.
If your married to a Ukrainian. you need a notarised copy of this as well even if its a Ukrainian marriage certificate.
All the other things you read about are not needed as the Ovir and Embassy check you know.
If your not coming with Ukrainian wife but for business, you need to bring financial documents, appertaining to  your proposed business. If you have not set up a business yet. Do it on a 90 day visit. but you must employ a Ukrainian manager, who in the beginning will be part owner. If your married to a Ukrainian that will be your wife. She already has a tax code, which will be given a business tax code as well.
When you do arrive on your visa D you have 90days to register at the Ovir, for temporary residency. after you get your nice new card( bio metric know) you have 7 days to register at the local government where your house or apartment is. (NOT RENTED)
That will give you one year to set your business up. If you have been married to a Ukrainian for more than two years, you can apply for permanent residency. If not you can get another temporary residency card. The cost of this is 1350 UAH oh and another 1500 medical insurance. 

apart from the documents above, the only thing (if you are married to a Ukrainian) you will need is her registration documentation and her national ID card.

simple really.

if you need extra time to get your shit together in the Ukraine , just go to Ovir and you will get an extension,  hay that's free.

Hop that helps a little

martin

Hello Martin,
Thank you for your valuable information.  I didn't know about the medical insurance part.  You are probably right that it will be cheaper just to buy a med insurance in Ukraine for this purpose rather than trying to get the translate and notarize etc. done of the insurance verification letter from the U.S.  Thanks again.
Gregory