Work permit which granted but passed 6 months over...

I need your advice please.

1. I was granted a work visa in March 2020. However, the day after I got my visa, the Mauritius government closed the border because of corona.

2. When the border was opened again in October as you all know, 6 months had already passed for obtaining a visa.

3. My company appealed to the Immigration Bureau, but I always had to hear an answer saying' in progress' in the last 3 months.

4. When my company called the immigration office last week, the immigration officer told  to contact the labor department, but no one answered the phone.

5. I also sent an email to the immigration office. It is the address below.
[email protected]
However, it has been 1 month, but I haven't received any feedback.

6. My question is this. How do I contact whom? This is a very important problem for me.

Thanks in advance!

send someone to the office in person....or go yourself...

coolinny wrote:

I need your advice please.

1. I was granted a work visa in March 2020. However, the day after I got my visa, the Mauritius government closed the border because of corona.

2. When the border was opened again in October as you all know, 6 months had already passed for obtaining a visa.

3. My company appealed to the Immigration Bureau, but I always had to hear an answer saying' in progress' in the last 3 months.

4. When my company called the immigration office last week, the immigration officer told  to contact the labor department, but no one answered the phone.

5. I also sent an email to the immigration office. It is the address below.
[email protected]
However, it has been 1 month, but I haven't received any feedback.

6. My question is this. How do I contact whom? This is a very important problem for me.

Thanks in advance!

Hello

Since it is a work permit delivered by the Ministry of Labour, it is your employer who needs to communicate with them ( you can't do that)

Code:

For new cases, expatriates are granted 6 months from the date of issue of the work permit to travel to Mauritius. Beyond that date, work permits will be cancelled and companies will be required to submit fresh application.

page #5 : https://www.edbmauritius.org/sites/defa … 6.2016.PDF

Since it is COVID-19 which prevented you from making the trip to take up employment on the island , your employer should contact them to re-issue the permit as it is not your fault.

Your employer should know about this FAQs;
https://workpermit.mu/eworkpermit_wkp/w … gename/faq

Everything is well explained here:

[url][link under review]

Thanks

Thanks a lot!