Premium Visa: Funds

Hi,

I am planning to apply for the Premium Visa to work remotely from Mauritius for a year. One of the requirements is: "proof of funds (bank statement or bank attestation) to meet the cost of stay in Mauritius (minimum amount of USD 1500/EUR 1300 for monthly expenditure per head and minimum amount of USD 500/EUR 400 for each dependent below 24 years old)" as listed here: https://www.edbmauritius.org/premium-visa

Does this mean that you would need $1500 x 12 = $18 000 in your bank account before applying OR would a lesser amount including proof of income (employment contract / 3 months bank statements / freelance agreement) be sufficient to prove that you can sustain yourself during your stay on the island?

Also, does the amount of $1500 include accommodation, e.g. if I rent an apartment for $700 per month would I only need to prove that I am receiving or have access to an additional $800 per month to sustain myself?

I have a reply from EDB for those of you that need this information:

Please note that as proof of funds you are required to show your contract of employment which indicates your monthly income (minimum amount of USD 1500/EUR 1300) as well as your previous salary slips. The monthly USD 1500 may include rent and all other expenditure in Mauritius.

For each dependent who is below 24 years old, you are required to show a total of USD 6000 (for 12 months) on a recent bank statement.