Purpose of Criminal Check for marriage

Can someone with knowledge of the subject and law explain the criminal history check requirement for marriage?  I have searched this forum extensively but have found nothing regarding this, only people stating it must be done.   Reviewing the Moroccan family relationship document which establishes law for marriage and divorce and children etc I see nothing that mentions the police check. 

What criminal history is disqualifying, if any?

I have my police record in hand.  It lists only community supervision for an “unknown” misdemeanor.  The record was sealed by a judge via court order so technically it should not even have the “unknown misdemeanor”

I am attempting to rectify the record.  But for clarity, let's assume I just brought the record I have currently that lists 1 unknown misdemeanor, NO CONFINEMENTS, NO Court data.   

Given this information should there be any problem? My fiancé is fully aware of the misdemeanor.   I am just not clear on how Morocco uses the information and what is considered acceptable and what is not acceptable regarding the record.

Any help will be appreciated, especially if it is based on law/facts and not just “well I think...”

Thanks everyone.  I appreciate it.

First of all, you must be Muslim to marry Moroccan woman in Morocco. I'd thought a criminal check was mainly used for residence in Morocco. I'm assuming you'll have to show financial support as well. I think the criminal check is self explanatory. Morocco doesn't want criminals in their country.  I would go to your Imam or licensed marriage document notary in Morocco and ask them. Her father, if still alive, has to give permission for marriage. For that being said, the sealed document even though misdemeanor could be a red flag.

I'll give you my experience. I'd met my Moroccan wife in USA that originally had work permit to enter legally into USA.  We dated for 2 years before we got married at court house for legal marriage in USA. I'd converted to Islam within the first week of meeting her. The first serious question that came out of her mouth on our first date after meeting at park and walking around was " what do you believe in, what religion".  It took me by surprise. I'd answered "I only believe in one God, but I don't believe in Jesus as the son of God". She looked straight into my eyes in surprise and said " You are Muslim and don't even know it. All you have to do is believe that Muhammad (Peach be upon him) is the last prophet of God".  Subhanallah! not in a million years did I ever think I would fall in love and marry a Muslim woman being a hillbilly from Appalachian mountains. She told me to watch the movie " The Messenger". Once I'd learned more about the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) telling men stop burying your daughters (newborn babies). I knew I was truly a Muslim and converted to Islam and Muhammad is my prophet (peach be upon him). There's a reason why there is a chapter in the Quran about Women. Allah knows women are the key to spreading Islam. Subhanallah! a Muslim woman will raise their kids as Muslims and Islam will continue to grow world wide.

Sorry, to get off in a tangent, back to story. after getting married in court house, we got married at Masjid. We sent Islamic marriage certificate to Moroccan consulate in New York. The Moroccan consulate stamped the Islamic marriage certificate verifying our marriage. So when we traveled to Morocco, we had no issues. Our first trip to Morocco, we had a Moroccan wedding. 25 years later, we are still together with adult children and have been to Morocco many times. Inshallah, we plan to retire there.

Subhanallah!

Alhamdulilah that's a nice story.  I've been Muslim for 15 years now so this is no issue.  I have gotten updated guidance on my record.  It will not be a. Issue.  The moudwana governs marriage ultimately in Morocco.  The record is being fixed Alhamdulilah.  InshaAllah khair.  Hopefully you have 25 more years of marriage brother.