Moving to Germany

I have a job offer in Germany, 54,000 Euros per year. We are a family of six persons and planning to move to Germany.
With a salary of 54,000 Euros per year, is it enough to make a good living in Germany for a family of 6 persons?

The average household income in Germany is nearly €5000/month (before taxes and deductions) - and the average household has two people. The income you mention is lower - and you are far more people. Thus you will have far less than the average German.
The poverty line for a six-person-household is approx. €2400/month AFTER taxes and deductions. Your mentioned salary above will amount to around €3100/month after taxes and deductions. Thus you will not be poor.

Is that €54,000 including a bonus? Sometimes a bonus is included, but not necessarily guaranteed.

For example I have had a job offer where about 5,000 was included in the salary but then after clarification the 5,000 wasn't guaranteed.

Where in Germany is the job? That will also reflect your expenditure regarding rent etc.

I suggest using
https://www.brutto-netto-rechner.info/g … ermany.php

With a salary of 54,000 - net will be around
€2.665,91 depending on personal circumstances / categories.

Don't confuse matters, I think beppi has explained it pretty well,

Thank you Beppi for the valuable informatio.

My netto salary will be 3,100 Euros as you mentioned, i learned also that i can get kindergeld of around 930 Euros/month for 4 kids. Wil this be added to my net salary amount or there is other formula to be taken in consideration in Germany taxasion system?

Hello Midnights,

No bonus included in the offer. it is my gross salary 54,000 Euros per year. i may benefit from kindergeld of around 930 Euros/month but i am not sure of it yet.

Kindergeld is a more complicated topic:
Yes, it is added onto your nett salary, but it does reduce the tex-exempted amount you get per child. Thus for low earners (who pay little or no tax) it is an additional income, high earners pay the same in additional tax as they get in Kindergeld. You will probably be somewhere inbetween. Ask a tax consultant (whom you will need anyway)!

Unforunately, having many kids in Germany is sure to make you poor.
In my experience with voluntary acitivities helping Arab refugees, this often comes as a surprize to them.
There are good reasons why the average German family has only 1.47 kids - and families with four or more are very rare. (All that I know are of Arab or Turkish origin.)

Hello, I am a british citizen, and I want to move to Germany to work and live there before brexit. But because of covid-19, I cannot travel to Germany. Is there any other way to apply before the 30th.

2020Petrit wrote:

Hello, I am a british citizen, and I want to move to Germany to work and live there before brexit. But because of covid-19, I cannot travel to Germany. Is there any other way to apply before the 30th.

Hahaha - you are a bit late, don't you think so???
How can anybody make such a fundamental decision on a short-noticed whim?