Abinader - Election Promises

He made a few promises during the election -

Clean up corruption among them.

He is following through on them.

The Senator who tried to use his clout to get a friend released from custody was forced to make a public apology - in very short order.
The Policeman who stood his ground (not obeying the Senator) was swiftly promoted by Abinader for his stellar service to the law.

Danilo's brother & sister are in jail - corruption.

An other former senior official has just committed suicide.

New sheriff in town............

His first move was to establish an independant public prosecutors office.

He has let them loose. Washed his hands.

Odebrecht cases are moving again with the acused wriggling and the bag man indicating he may know much more. Jean Alain is grounded..can't fly.

More Generals retired from NP.

PLD deserters have moved to LF hoping he can keep the dogs at bay. Maybe he is next?

I think it is a good time to move to DR. Good reasons to be optimistic.

DR has always had massive potential. Just needed better governance, far less corruption and application of the laws to all.

The removal of the remnants of military rule in all public bodies would help. Why have a general in MITUR still with local military personal under his command? Dabling with an Abicor project a few years back may not have been forgotten

This is all interesting. Politicians love to talk, seeing them do what they said they would do is refreshing to say the least. 

Will be interesting to watch!

And -
He suspended w/o pay 20+ officials who refused to table their net worth

Officials must by law declare their worth on entry and exit of office
Never been enforced before

This is not a poor country... poorly run= yes

Exports, gold, tourism......
Misspent money.........stolen actually

Former 'Mrs Prez' had 600 people on staff.... count'em , 600

Not any more

Guillermo Moreno: It is time to settle accounts with the corrupt governments of the PLD

https://noticiassin.com/guillermo-moren … s-del-pld/
The president of the Alianza País Party, Guillermo Moreno, assured this Wednesday that the charges against former officials of the “Anti Octopus” operation represent for the Dominican people the opportunity to settle accounts with the corrupt governments of the PLD.

"People assume that this is their victory, and nobody else's, and that if it is being executed today it is because during these 100 days the claim to jail for the corrupt has not ceased, not more impunity," he said.

He also affirmed that the arrest on November 29 of former officials and close associates of the former president, Danilo Medina, fuels the hope that this time the Public Ministry will investigate and prosecute the corrupt members of his government.

Moreno pointed out that the Public Ministry should also extend the investigations to the governments presided over by Leonel Fernández.

He also pointed out that all the PLD governments, both those of Leonel and those of Danilo, followed the same model aimed at encouraging a group of leaders and officials to enrich themselves with public resources by participating in businesses, investments, purchases and contracting of the State. .

Moreno warned the Public Ministry authorities to remain vigilant of the actions of judges and prosecutors because "it cannot be ignored that both bodies are infected with people with loyalties committed to that party and many will look for an excuse to abort these criminal proceedings," he declared. Brown.

"Never as now was it so necessary to unify as a nation in the claim of corrupt people in jail, recovery of what was stolen and an end to impunity," he said

Never one to hold back fighting corruption.

Abinader asks his officials not to make a circus of the persecution against corruption

https://eldia.com.do/abinader-pide-a-su … orrupcion/

Here is the full translated letter he sent to his ministers:

Ministers and ministers,

All officials,

During the months that we have been in government, we have worked tirelessly to fulfill the promises we made to the Dominican people. By electing us, our compatriots, they placed their hopes and trust in us to transform this country once and for all.

We are not failing you and we are not failing you.

When I promised that we would have an independent and autonomous justice, I did so with all conviction and to the last consequences. I did not know nor do I know any details of the judicial operations that are open or of those that may be opened in the future.

That is what we promised the Dominican people. And that is what we are doing: justice and independence.

The Public Ministry has total freedom to investigate and bring to justice any file that involves any action against the patrimony of the Dominicans.

I ask you not to create a circus of persecution, nor a spectacle of infamy dragging us all through the mud, because justice is not revenge. And we cannot, because of the responsibility of the positions we hold, divide the country, or polarize it.

Our best argument against what we have known these days is work, example and transparency. We must make it clear with our daily conduct that public money will be the object of maximum protection and no one will be able to waste a single peso without consequences.

The magnifying glass is already on us. And now it will be even more so. About all of us here. That is why I reiterate my request for total and absolute honesty and integrity.

This government has renounced the power that the previous ones had over the control of the Public Ministry. Whoever commits an illegal act will not be protected by anyone. Whoever it. I gave my word, and so it will be.

The best heritage and the only thing that will remain when we finish our years in government will be recognition of Los Dominicanos de bien. It will be the pride of our children towards us and not their shame. There is no longer room in this country for behavior that does not conform to these values ​​of ethics and transparency. And I will never allow bad practices to become the hallmark of the government in this country.

Now they attack us harshly because a central element that supports life in our country has been hit: patronage and corruption. But do not get lost, remember the objective for which public servants elected us: to improve people's lives and leave a country better than the one we found, developing our work with honesty, ethics and transparency.

Destiny in all their efforts to them is not demanded by our people and it asks its president.

Refreshing to read from the new President imo.