Does it works to still sponsored your spouse after divorce!!

Hello All Friends,

After 5 years from our mix married with Indonesia  spouse,  I holding kitap vallied till 2023 , My question about this case ; we decided to separate. she will apply for legal divorce!!
she want still sponsored my kitap !
I asked agent expert, he said you can stay legally till last day of your kitap but you can't re-new it ! is that right?
my other question if she really want sponsored me after get divorce! does ot work? and can i renew my kitap again !!
She told that she asked  local immigration officer who hold our case when we processed
  the kitap, he said that is fine if she want be sponsored and responsible for my kitap.
Please any body who knows or experienced like this case before coyld explain to me.

Thank you so much Riani..
I really appreciate your replying.

Hi Friend

How long is your divorce likely to take to process?
After five years of marriage you should understand eachothers intentions fairly well.

My concern would be that you do want to stay on under such an arrangement and keep your options open!
The interesting thing is your 'ex-wife to-be' is still interested in honouring the KITAS you currently hold.
If it is valid till 2023 how well will you manage things getting on with your individual lives?

Some legal and cultural conditions might prevent you from engaging with a new potential spouse relationship.  Where as I understand as a national she might be valid to enter new relationship after 3 months of the divorce being approved.
We can be at a disadvantage on every turn.

I have a feeling she will honour your KITAS agreement as part of the formal separation.  But you have to look at the pros and cons of what her legal obligations are as a sponsor and how you must oblige, this is likely what will affect your options, activities and outlook the most.

Meanwhile you could seek alternative visa options even though for foreigners they are fairly limited and, changing to another visa will invalidate the current one, as well could end up being temperamental as a risk too.

It's your private concern to negotiate also her expectations under the conditions of divorce.  Sometimes this can be a state of affairs where the other can achieve more prospect through divorce than remaining married...
Especially while remaining in the country these obligations tend to be enforcible and will provide alot of leverage for her in the way things eventually plan out...

Speaking from my own heart friend, trust in your own wisdom and grace.  I believe you have a good base of support developed here so rely on it as you must.

@alwaziry22
Hello my friends pleas urgent help,

I got legal divorce December 2021, I married since 2015, i got kitas, then extended other kitas 1 year, then kitap valid till 2023.
my ex- Indonesia promise to still sponsoring me cuz we have 1 son age 5 years. our communication is still nicely.
I reported my akta cerai from pengadilan to the immigration office in Sanggau kalbar. at late of January.
They told me you have 60 days from the date of divorce. it means 7 the February is last day.
  they ask me fill some documents signed by ex. and she changed here mind ,  she want ask her family and she is busy also cannot come but can call the immigration and sign the papers from home.
I reported them they said we only accept her presence come to the office. they don't want call her too. I brought a close friend, local from my neighbours welling to sponsor me they said deferent issue he must have 100 million in his bank account. unfortunately he have not.
I come the last day to tell them give me a time to find new sponsor if my ex refuse to come. they said too late.
My passport and kitap held by immigration 7the Feb. the said we will send it to Kantor pusat in Pontianak city. My ex try call them few days later. they said just wait information from cantor Pusat.
at 27th June. the immigration officer came 4 guys Told m that my kitap already cancelled in the whole system of immigration,you must come with us. They keep me in the detention 2 nights in sanggau then send me to Detention Pontianak. Now Im facing deportation to my home country Yemen. They didn't accept any other requests such as new visa or or change my status  or my ex come re sponsoring me,  not accept apply for refugee. I must buy a ticket and deporte to home with 6 months black list.
what should I do ?
any body facing like this ?
and if i got deported should I pay overstay also. 7the February till this day ?
I'm so confused. before I contact some agent in Jakarta they said after 60 days of divorce, you didn't have sponsor they will give you final exit number ,give it to us to make a new visa kunjungan without leave Indonesia, so I was waiting all that time for this, but unfortunately my passport been held , suddenly they took me and held me in the detention without any previous warning or call ?
Please any information will help.
A spouse sponsored KITAS or KITAP is exactly that.
If you have no spouse by reason of divorce, the document is no longer valid.
Okay I accept, she make loose thet time waiting her.
my asking Should I pay overstay also since they held my passport 7th Feb. till soon deportation date ?
Checking this poster shows he asked this question in 2018 and got an answer.
Once you're in immigration detention, your chances of staying are pretty slim - more so as you knew about this the best part of five years ago but did nothing to resolve the issue.
@Fred
that's right Fred, I asked first 2018. now I'm telling what happened to me it too late. she late came to immigration as well . I have no choice now. right
what about overstay denda my friend?
@Fred
that's right Fred, I asked first 2018. now I'm telling what happened to me it too late. she late came to immigration as well . I have no choice now. right
what about overstay denda my friend?
- @alwaziry22

Immigration will decided - They can if they wish, but they may not be interested.
You've had enough bad news and, much as it's your fault, I hope they don't bother with the fines.