Hotel Corona time

Hello everyone,

My husband wants to have a holiday and a few days out within Netherlands because i don't want to go out of the country because of coronavirus.

He is planning to have at least 6 nights in 2 different hotels.

How safe is the hotel when too many different people going in and out? Are the really well cleaned for the virus we have now? What do i do?

I really cannot trust  the hotel but my husband insisted they are clean enough.

Any thoughts?

Hi again.

Prior to COVID, I found the Dutch hotel industry to be professional and on the whole,  maintained high standards of hygiene.  Since then, there's nothing that makes me think that might have changed.  The virus can be destroyed by simple cleansing routines using household detergents (soap and water, bleach).

There are no rules about the number of people who may go in or out, only a maximum total at any one time; as long as people maintain the social distancing rules, remember to wash their hands after touching things that may have not been cleaned and us hand gel before you enter, no problem, I don't think you have much to worry about.

The Dutch government do not currently advise you to wear a facemask.  My advice is for you to contact the hotel and ask if there are any special rules they have in place so you can prepare if required.

I hope you have a great vacation.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks. I'm relieved!