Fintas

hey guys,

I went to fintas today with few friends and I was able to find a nice apartment. I would like to know what you guys think of the area and are there any good gyms.

Fintas,i like the area but long time not been there,i will see if i can find time to check it.there will be some GYM facilities but i dont thing it will be that good.avoid places where you find more bachelors.As there are many desperate people out there.i would recommend salmiya .

Fintas and Mahboula, out near the Fahaheel express, aka the 30, hence fast transport to Kuwait city (straight down the road) and Salmiya (exit onto 5th or 4th ring road).

u said u are married, and ur wife is coming with u. just recently in the arab times (i.e. last week) there was a story about a 25-year old Syrian girl who was jogging near her apartment in Fintas, and as she got home she was jumped by 3 guys who then proceeded to... u get the picture.

they caught one of the 3, but still, it raises the issue of security. just so you know y3ni.

now, i dont know the area personally but, when selecting an apartment here are a couple of things to look out for:

proximity to schools etc. (traffic jam in the morning, not right now coz its summer)
availability of parking spots (either in the building or a vacant lot surrounding it)
proximity to baqalas or supermarkets
restaurants etc.

and then ofcourse, does the rent fall within ur budget.

I just read the article and now I am not to sure about fintas anymore, although the incident occurred in Mahboula but they are very close. I was told that Fintas is an area populated mainly with arab families and the majority of the residence are from egypt. Salmiya is where I want to live but its very far from where I work.

how about salwa.its a nice place.it come in the way  when you drive north from fintas before salmiya.

Yes Salwa might be a good option. I want a place that has a mix population or either majority arab or westerners, as these are the people I identify with the most. I think its better and cheaper to go looking for an apartment in person rather than brows for it online, it is cheaper and you get to know the better.

Salwa is good

there were 2 articles in taht regard; the one that talked about the incident itself said she was in Mahboula, then the one that talked about the arrest of the suspect cited the area as Fintas.

where exactly do u work, location-wise - coz in kuwait all roads lead to Rome, and unless you work in some far off area like Mina Abdullah or Ahmadi, then all of Kuwait is your oyster in terms of location for housing, coz the roads are adequate for traffic (depending on when you wake up etc) and most highways are 120kmh, so u can cruise at around 130 with peace of mind and get to work on time.

I work in shuaaba area (I am not sure about the spelling) and as far I know that is in ahmadi area. I only read the one article and it wasn't on the arab times I just googled the story. I was told salwa is nice but very expensive, I want a good 2 bedroom apartment for around 250 a month if possible, unfurnished of course. I really doubt i will be able to find an apartment with these requirements in salawa. I think Salmiya might ideal place for me despite the long drive.

i would say salwa will be good if you find place there.it is close to salmiya,near beach,western expats.

The problem is that salwa is very expensive; I found unfurnished apartments for about 450kwd. I agree the place looks nicer but I don't think it's worth the steep prices. I think I will end up in Salmiya somewhat reasonable prices and convenient for me and my life style.

hi, i lived in fintas for the past 8 months.. there's a new gym in mahboula,its name is platinum gym. its quite near in fintas.. just 5 mins. drive...

Midan Hawalli is close to salmiya as well, and i am sure u can find that price range there.

i think that area u work in is called Shuaiba.

just pick up those ad papers, go to salmiya on a friday afternoon, dont stay too long coz of the heat, u'll find them littered outside shops, and im pretty sure some are delivered right to ur doorstep (they're like Waseet but plentiful and with a million different names), hopefully u can read arabic right?

flip thru those, call and visit. they all have an apartments for rent section, and some are nice enough to display the prices.

Yh I can read arabic and I was planing on going salmiya on friday to vist a few estate agencies. Thanks for newspaper idea much appreciated. Someone from work said that he will ask on my behalf and promised to find me something in my price range.

I was also planing on going friday market but a colleague of mine told me its not worth my time, what do you guys think?

depends on what u are looking for exactly.

its a nice place to have a stroll around and buy knick-knacks, but dont go thre with a specific idea in mind of something u want to find.

i once found the WWE heavyweight title being sold, and another time i was able to land a sweet deal on second hand books; have yet to find book sellers again.

the majority of the items they sell are handi-tools, perfumes, and then they have clothing, exercise equipment, shoes, clothes, furniture, rugs etc.

plus, its a good place to hone ur haggling skills.

and your bargaining skill too,as i mentioned n other post i found I pod there.also there is Nursery and animal market on the west side of it.

i go when i am too bored, first you may get settled with your accommodation.and any other similar things you are facing.be comfortable, and then you may relax and explore the places.

For gym check Jabriya area