How is life for an expat in Kuwait ?

Hello,

I am mexican woman 38 years old, my soon to be husband is working since a month an Kuwait drilling company. We plan to finally move there together by the end of May.

I would like to know how is the living there, I also would like to get a job, I am an engineer working for the automotive industry and have a master degree on business administration specialized in quality and productivity. I speak spanish, english and basic german.

My biggest fear is to get there with no friends and having to be a house wife since I've always work, I have no children (not planning to have either).

I know social live is difficult there since there are no bars, music is not allowed, etc.

I would like to know if is possible to have a normal social live with expats in Kuwait.

Thank you all for your help!!! :)

1f60a.svg

@ytat14

Hello and welcome on board !

Please note that I have created this new thread from your post on the Kuwait forum so that members can guide you.

In regards to work, I would suggest that you create your CV in the Jobs in Kuwait section and that you read the Living in Kuwait guide for expats

All the best

Bhavna