Hope to live in Malaysia ASAP

Hi,
Since my first visit to Malaysia in 2013, I do not stop to think to live there.
I just begin a mm2h procedure and hope be there ASAP.
I am a head track and filed coach. Former and trainer of great champions. I would like to realize the same results with Malaysian and foreign athletes in Malaysia.
I am from Algeria and live actually in Qatar.
My kids are studying actually in KL and all the family we love Malaysia and the Malaysians.

If you are a trainer of great champions, then I would be looking for a job in Malaysia rather than MM2H. Malaysia is advanced and very competitive in so many sports within the world. If you opt for MM2H then you need to check the rules regarding whether or not you are permitted to work. As I said, it might be better to simply look for a job there.

Hi,
Thank you for your message.
I agree with you. I tried to find a club or a job with the Malaysian federation. Unfortunately I did not found and the Federation do not answer me till now. I tried to contact them many times but no answer.

Since you still want to work in your field you seem more eligible through the Talent Visa or Professional Visa. Obviously you need a sponsor for your coaching and a portfolio to show the quality of athletes you have coached and any awards or recognitions in Algeria and elsewhere.

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/about-us/esd/

I'm certain that someone will notice. Sarawak or Sabah may be looking for coaches to upgrade their athletic potential. They are autonomous in Sports management from the Federal State of Malaysia. Contact all three of these Ministries.

Another possibility is a Guardian Visa for you children attending school in Malaysia...although this is generally for a female guardian (though occasionally a male for daughters). It's also only 1/family (so difficult for both spouses).

MM2H is primarily for those who are retired or who have jobs and income external to Malaysia.  Good Luck

I did, but no answer from the Federation unfortunately.

Cinnamonape just advise me to contact Sabah and Sarawak Sports' ministries. I just send them messages. I hope they'll answer me.

Thank you for your advice.

Thank you so much.

Even if I'll come there under the mm2h program, I can work 20 hours per week. I am actually working with a Qatari Sports club. I don't want to wait more. I prefer to come ASAP. My kids are there and I miss them.

I just send messages to the Sports' ministries of Sabah and Sarawak. I hope they'll answer me.

Nice to have your advices and read your messages.

I see that you like athletics. I hope we'll meet in Malaysia inchallah.

Have a nice day.

The belief that you can work 20 hours a week on MM2H is a bit of "bait-and-switch" unfortunately. Almost no one gets approved. I suspect that the few who have been granted this are those working as consultants FOR the government.

That's perhaps possible in your case...but a talent visa may be just as good. It helps to have the government as the sponsor. Simply working in a gym is not likely to get permission.

But anyone who gets on the MM2H and believes that they will be able to work 20 hours a week in some private business or non-governmental field is going to be disappointed.

As I mentioned...guardian visas may be a short term solution.

I just check about the talent visa.
Unfortunately, I can not apply for it because I am not living in Malaysia.

To be eligible for talent visa, I must have :

You have lived in Malaysia for at least three years on a valid Malaysia Employment Pass (EP).
At the time of application, your EP is still valid for at least three more months.
You are a “high achieving” professional and can help develop Malaysia's economy.
You have a minimum of five years of work experience.
You earn a monthly salary of at least RM15,000 (bonuses and allowances excluded).
You hold academic qualifications from a recognized educational institution.
You have paid income tax in Malaysia for at least 2 years.
You have a Malaysian income tax file number.

Hi,

Also for the guardian visa, I am not eligible to have it. It's only for some nationalities:

Undergraduate students who are studying for their Bachelor's Degree will only be eligible to apply for dependant passes on behalf of their families if they are citizens of the following countries:

Saudi Arabia
Bahrain
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Turkey
Qatar
Azerbaijan
Palestinian Territories
Kuwait
Yemen
Iran
Syria
Oman