Education in Malta

Hello everyone. I am a new member here. I am married to Maltese and have also obtained the citizenship for myself and our daughter who is going to be 5yrs old by this October. We currently live in Singapore.

We are planning to move back to Malta in two years time, preferably to live on Gozo Island. As my husband has been living outside of Malta for more than 13 years at least, we hope to understand the education system in Malta especially when language can potentially be a barrier for our daughter. We speak only English at home. She doesn't know a word of Maltese. Will she have problems going to state schools as I read some information online, that state schools in Malta are still pretty much favoring Maltese to English as the teaching medium. I also read that private or international schools which use only English are very expensive. And there is always a long wait on church schools?

Would appreciate some advice and feedback from some of you who may have or had been in the same situation as me concerning integrating "foreign" children in public schools.

Thank you.

Best regards
Kim

Welcome to the Forum

This topic has been covered widely, please search through the forum, if you have any further questions please feel to get back to us.

SimCityAT
Expat Team