VISIT PASS holder - Info about Expire during MCO perido

Hi everyone,

I`m new here and would like to share my situation to get more information and references.

I am a Work Pass (EP) holder and need to return to Singapore.
But currently, I`m unable to back to SG due to very restrict and limited number of approval to entry to SG.
SG MoM has been rejecting all applications I`ve done so far, and I have to keep applying.
SG MoM may only start approving more number of application only after June/1st (when SG lockdown lifts).

My concern is that my visit pass in Malaysia will expire on May/29th and I don`t know whether I can apply for an extension of visit pass or can I stay in Malaysia until current MCO stage ends on June/09.

Will I be illegal to stay if my visit passes expire during MCO period? If it so, how can I apply for a +30days extension?

Hope we can share information to help each other.
Thanks

Passes that expire during the Movement Restriction period will be extended to 14 days beyond the the end of the MCO. That means you can stay until 14 Days after June 9th.

Hi, may I know where did you get such information? Could I have the source, please?

If you look here you will see you get 14 working days after the lifting of the (c)MCO
IMSI

"What is the advice for foreigners whose Long Term Social Visit passes have expired before or during MCO period?

For holders of Long Term Social Visit Pass [e.g. MM2H, Employment Pass] whose passes have expired before or during MCO, they are advised to present themselves at the nearest Immigration Offices for validation and facilitation of passes subject to Immigration rules and regulations within 30 working days after the MCO period ends.

For foreigners holding Social Visit Pass (Tourist) and their passes have expired before or during MCO, and are still stranded in Malaysia after a 14 working days period after MCO are required to present themselves at nearest Immigration Offices within 30 working days period for facilitation, subject to supporting letter from their respective embassy."

https://www.imi.gov.my/portal2017/image … 052020.pdf

So this second section is a little unclear. The implication is that if you leave within 14 days you will not require any documents or other procedures. BUT if you are still in Malaysia after two weeks you need to present themselves to the nearest immigration Office within 30 days.

But is that 30 days after the MCO ends, or after the initial 14 Day period. Also you need to provide a supporting letter if you want to stay longer? Or to justify not leaving in the two week window?