Buses and Taxis all shut down in HCMC

Unbelievable. First, a week ago, they cut half the bus lines and the ones that remained were ordered to run with much longer intervals, like one hour between buses. Operating hours were also shortened. Passengers had to "social distance" from other passengers and some buses made you spray your hands.

Now, as of today, it appears ALL the buses have been shut down, and I didn't see one taxi on the street.

Had to walk 12 kilometers to get to and from the market that I frequent.

This is madness.

But at least the pollution levels were down during my walk.

Consider doing what everyone else does here and buy z motorbike . How can anyone live in Vietnam without their own wheels is beyond me .

15 miles to the store and back???

[Post under review]

hyagly256 wrote:

Unbelievable. First, a week ago, they cut half the bus lines and the ones that remained were ordered to run with much longer intervals, like one hour between buses. Operating hours were also shortened. Passengers had to "social distance" from other passengers and some buses made you spray your hands.

Now, as of today, it appears ALL the buses have been shut down, and I didn't see one taxi on the street.

Had to walk 12 kilometers to get to and from the market that I frequent.

This is madness.

But at least the pollution levels were down during my walk.

Where in Saigon do you have to walk 6 klms to a market?

IIRC only four wheeled public transportation was banned not two wheeled. I see grab and the red one all over the place.

VietCanada wrote:

IIRC only four wheeled public transportation was banned not two wheeled. I see grab and the red one all over the place.

Xe oms are still working.

Suppobill wrote:

12km = 7.5 miles

Ciambella wrote:
Suppobill wrote:

12km = 7.5 miles

Maybe he did it twice,lol.

Six kilometers away from a grocery is a logistical error. An expat is an alien in the third world, and life is simplified with a plan for self-reliance.

There are many factors to consider when deciding where to live. High on my list is being a short walk to a supermarket, or even better, a mall with internal supermarket. And it doesn't have to be downtown either, you can seek out shopping areas in most districts. Also near restaurants, banks, cafes with internet, pharmacy, bus stop, ...

Have two or three supermarkets nearby, but still like to walk places also

Suppobill wrote:

12 kilometers is about 7-1/2 miles. I mean the walk to get there plus the walk back home.

colinoscapee wrote:

Where in Saigon do you have to walk 6 klms to a market?

The market I go to, where I can get certain foods that I can't get anywhere else, is the market behind Binh Tay bus station in Q.6.

Thatpakkizeggyfartz wrote:

Consider doing what everyone else does here and buy z motorbike . How can anyone live in Vietnam without their own wheels is beyond me .

I consider motorbikes too dangerous, especially in VN.

VietCanada wrote:

Yes, maybe Grab motobikes are operating, but I won't ride on a motobike. As a passenger, I feel even more in danger than if I were the driver.

Grab bikes.. hmm so balance on the back of a scooter and be driven by someone checking or talking on their phone.

At least is a car if you hot something the car won't fall over ..

Maybe one I will try it

hyagly256 wrote:

I just received a notice through the GRAB Rideshare app.

From a post in another thread it seems HCMC government is being more cautious about relaxing 4-wheel vehicle restrictions than other areas in the country where GRAB is authorized to operate, and that's reflected in the notice.

I talked with Ciambella and we agree that the reason 4 person and 7 person taxis aren't showing up on the app in Vũng Tàu is PROBABLY because the authority for GRAB to operate in Vũng Tàu is associated with the authority for GRAB to operate in the greater HCMC geographic area.

It seemed to Google Translate really well, so I'll share the English translation followed by the original Vietnamese language message:

--------------------

NOTICE FROM GRAB

In accordance with Official Letter No. 3864 / BGTVT-VT of the Ministry of Transport issued on April 22, 2020, and instructions from the relevant authorities, Grab provides a return to 4-wheel service (GrabCar, GrabCar Plus,  Enterprise GrabCar, Provincial Grab / Route Grab, GrabTaxi, GrabRent) according to the permitted capacity nationwide (except Ho Chi Minh City) from April 23, 2020.

4-wheeler services in Ho Chi Minh City continue to suspend operations according to Official Letter No. 4774 / TB-SGTVT issued on April 22, 2020, until new instructions from Ho Chi Minh City Department of Transport are available.

The GrabBike service in Hanoi will also be available again from April 23, 2020.  Other services such as GrabFood, GrabExpress nationwide, GrabMart in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi continue to operate normally.

According to the regulations of the authorities, all passengers using Grab's 4-wheel-drive services should:
✔️ The number of passengers traveling cannot exceed 50% of seats.  For example, if the car has 4 seats, only 01 passenger and 01 driver are required;  7 seater car: 02 passengers and 01 driver
✔️ Make a mandatory medical declaration through the Vietnam Health Declaration or NCOVI app or declare it at https://tokhaiyte.vn/ before making a ride.
✔️ Wear a mask during the ride on all Grab transportation services (both 4-wheel and 2-wheel).
✔️ Disinfect hands with disinfectant solution and check body temperature before boarding.
✔️ Limit talking, eating and drinking during the trip.  Do not spit indiscriminately.
✔️ Encourage lowering the windshield, turning off the air conditioner to keep the car open.
✔️ During transportation, if the customer shows cough, fever, shortness of breath, notify the driver, call the Department of Health or the Ministry of Health's hotline immediately (1900 3228 or 1900 9095) and arrive.  The nearest health facility for timely advice and treatment

The driver's partner will refuse to provide services if passengers do not fully comply with the Covid 19 preventive measures as prescribed.

Grab is actively working with the authorities to ensure that it operates at the right capacity and will actively update information from the authorities to users and driver partners.

We would like to express our sincere thanks to the authorities for their detailed guidance on the related services that Grab is providing in Vietnam, as well as users and drivers, transportation partners, partners.  The restaurant has strictly complied with the Government's Directive to ensure safety, social distance and COVID-19 prevention efforts.

Grab

---------------

THÔNG BÁO TỪ GRAB

Thực hiện theo Công văn số 3864/BGTVT-VT của Bộ GTVT ban hành ngày 22/04/2020, và hướng dẫn từ các cơ quan chức năng liên quan, Grab cung cấp trở lại dịch vụ 4 bánh (GrabCar, GrabCar Plus, GrabCar Doanh nghiệp, Grab Tỉnh/Grab Tuyến, GrabTaxi, GrabRent) theo đúng công suất được phép trên toàn quốc (trừ TP.HCM) từ ngày 23/04/2020.

Các dịch vụ 4 bánh tại TP.HCM tiếp tục tạm dừng hoạt động theo công văn số 4774/TB-SGTVT ban hành ngày 22/4/2020, cho đến khi có hướng dẫn mới từ Sở GTVT TP.HCM.

Dịch vụ GrabBike tại Hà Nội cũng sẽ được cung cấp trở lại từ ngày 23/04/2020. Các dịch vụ khác như GrabFood, GrabExpress trên toàn quốc, GrabMart tại TP.HCM và Hà Nội tiếp tục hoạt động bình thường.

Theo quy định của cơ quan chức năng, tất cả hành khách sử dụng các dịch vụ 4 bánh của Grab cần thực hiện:
✔️ Số hành khách di chuyển không được vượt quá 50% số ghế. Ví dụ, nếu xe 04 chỗ, yêu cầu chỉ có 01 hành khách và 01 tài xế; xe 7 chỗ: 02 hành khách và 01 tài xế
✔️ Khai báo y tế bắt buộc thông qua ứng dụng Vietnam Health Declaration (Sức khoẻ Việt Nam) hoặc NCOVI hoặc khai báo tại https://tokhaiyte.vn/ trước khi thực hiện chuyến xe.
✔️ Đeo khẩu trang trong suốt thời gian di chuyển trên tất cả các dịch vụ vận chuyển của Grab (cả 4 bánh và 2 bánh).
✔️ Sát khuẩn tay bằng dung dịch sát khuẩn và kiểm tra thân nhiệt trước khi lên xe.
✔️ Hạn chế nói chuyện, ăn uống trong chuyến đi. Không khạc nhổ bừa bãi.
✔️ Khuyến khích hạ kính xe, tắt điều hòa để xe thông thoáng.
✔️ Trong quá trình di chuyển, nếu Khách hàng có biểu hiện ho, sốt, khó thở, hãy báo cho Tài xế, gọi điện ngay cho đường dây nóng của Sở Y tế hoặc Bộ Y tế (1900 3228 hoặc 1900 9095) và đến cơ sở y tế gần nhất để được tư vấn và điều trị kịp thời

Đối tác tài xế sẽ từ chối cung cấp dịch vụ nếu hành khách không thực hiện đầy đủ các biện pháp phòng chống dịch Covid 19 theo quy định.

Grab đang tích cực làm việc cùng các cơ quan chức năng để đảm bảo vận hành theo đúng công suất được phép và sẽ chủ động cập nhật thông tin từ các cơ quan chức năng đến người dùng và các đối tác tài xế.

Chúng tôi chân thành cảm ơn các cơ quan chức năng đã có hướng dẫn chi tiết với các dịch vụ liên quan mà Grab đang cung cấp tại Việt Nam, cũng như người dùng và các đối tác tài xế, đối tác vận tải, đối tác nhà hàng đã cùng nghiêm túc tuân thủ Chỉ thị của Chính phủ nhằm đảm bảo an toàn, giãn cách xã hội, nỗ lực phòng chống dịch COVID-19.

Grab

Wonder why HCM has been singled out ?

Jlgarbutt wrote:

No idea but the ban on buses and taxi's is continuing 'until further notice'.

Jlgarbutt wrote:

It's the decision of the city government, from the way I'm reading things.

In relaxing the restrictions further, the national government gave regional governments the ability to customize their responses.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

It's the decision of the city government, from the way I'm reading things.

In relaxing the restrictions further, the national government gave regional governments the ability to customize their responses.

GRAB now fully available again in Vũng Tàu and HCMC

I see many taxis also running