Airline companies

i had a return ticket  for march 30 but they ever even send me any message of flight cancellation; had it not been  for my condo neighbours i'd be here for another month but i had to rebuy a ticket home for the 22 of march because the wait time to rebook was over 20 hours on phone  or on line impossible; they should  have auto rescheduled me

Moderated by Loïc 4 years ago
Reason : no defamatory post, please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

It really goes to show how bad all airlines are.

They should be obliged to repatriate their customers.

Ducketts

Guys, no one expected or planned for this.  They are doing the best they can and all of us will learn from this.

I don't know about anyone else but as Westjet Rewards holder, I got a message a week ago from Westjet about what they are doing, have done and hope to do. Although I deleted as I'm not going anywhere for a while, I do recall it covered delayed and rescheduling of flights. Of course, with a situation like this, all airlines will be extremely busy. Remember, please, do not panic. Stay in touch with family via internet and/or phone of course. If you are stuck here longer than you wished, remain calm. You are amongst friends so if there are Expats near you, reach out. I personally feel quite safe here, perhaps more so than even back in Canada - but then that's just me. Bottom line is that there is nothing we personally can do except keep ourselves safe and healthy. (I'll amend that a little as I go out and around the neighbourhood and check on some of the older folks simply by walking by to see if they are out sitting chatting where they always are. IF not for a couple of days, I have someone who will find out where they are and if all is well - it's a pretty good area, kind of segregated from the rest of the city) Cheers

Keep in mind you are in the DR.  If you expect someone to contact you, make sure they have your current contact information.  Also, keep in mind that the internet (meaning email, messaging etc.) is hugely overloaded and on top of that your are in the DR where internet is unreliable at the best of times.  Phone lines are about the same.  Land lines you might be a bit better off.

If you are in any doubt, try to reach out yourself and see if you can find your answers.

It's a tough time but patience, perseverance and above all else...hope.  We'll get through this mess.

If you think it's tough, be glad you don't have a kid in school where they just promoted you to internet school teacher....awwwwwww, very little hair left after the first day!!!

Air Canada emailed me on Friday cancelling my April 30th return flight to Toronto / Victoria. I am contacting the Canadian embassy in Santo Domingo this morning to see if I can get on an emergency flight that may be being coordinated by the Canadian government and Air Canada. They are doing repatriation flights around the world this week. Prime Minister Trudeau will speak live on CBC at 11:15 this morning with more details. If anyone has information for me, I would appreciate it....