This site not very active

I notice inthis site very rarely anyone posts anything

The general Philippines forum is quite active. Perhaps those in Cebu have found other venues for discussion specific to Cebu.

Hello aussiekiwi,

You are not wrong; there has only been a few topics launched recently on the Cebu forum.

I would invite you to maybe set the ball rolling again?  ;)

If you have an interesting info to share with us about life in Cebu or a particular subject/query you would like to discuss about, you are most welcome to do so  :)

Diksha
Team Expat.com

I agree with Diksha and while I'm a member of several expat forums this one seem the most active and made so by members contributing. Your turn to keep the ball rolling, BTW welcome the forum.

Cheers Steve.

I was In Cebu over Xmas , i got sick had a mild stroke, spent 1 week in Chong Hua  Hospital , lucky I had travel insurance, however , its very exoensive staying there cost me $2,500.00 Australian dollars hads to use credit card now trying to get refund from travel insurance company claim been in for 3 weeks now, my point is even for people living there or on a visitors visa make certain you got a good credit card with plentry of credit , its not like Australia where our hospitals are free , if on aged pensions you get medication around $5.60 a scripe thats a months supply, medication in the Philippines very expensive, I reckon living there or a being a visitor make certain you least got p500,000.00 as back up you never know when you going to get seriously sick, especally senior people.

aussiekiwi wrote:

I was In Cebu over Xmas , i got sick had a mild stroke, spent 1 week in Chong Hua  Hospital , lucky I had travel insurance, however , its very exoensive staying there cost me $2,500.00 Australian dollars hads to use credit card now trying to get refund from travel insurance company claim been in for 3 weeks now, my point is even for people living there or on a visitors visa make certain you got a good credit card with plentry of credit , its not like Australia where our hospitals are free , if on aged pensions you get medication around $5.60 a scripe thats a months supply, medication in the Philippines very expensive, I reckon living there or a being a visitor make certain you least got p500,000.00 as back up you never know when you going to get seriously sick, especally senior people.

TY for the welcome Steve. Firstly if we are going to a third world country one should always make sure we do the sums for medical survival, both short and long term. PHP 500K is the bare minimum as we get older.
The hospitals are not free in Australia. A misnomer and then some, a statement such as you have made needs clarification, where is it free? The taxes paid by all Australians contribute to emergency departments/medical care and the likes but certainly not free, we do, as Australian citizens pay for that at some/multiple points in our life. Nothing is free.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:
aussiekiwi wrote:

TY for the welcome Steve. Firstly if we are going to a third world country one should always make sure we do the sums for medical survival, both short and long term. PHP 500K is the bare minimum as we get older.
The hospitals are not free in Australia. A misnomer and then some, a statement such as you have made needs clarification, where is it free? The taxes paid by all Australians contribute to emergency departments/medical care and the likes but certainly not free, we do, as Australian citizens pay for that at some/multiple points in our life. Nothing is free.

Cheers, Steve.

aussiekiwi : Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing & great that you are up & about.

The message is very clear, and a good reminder to us all that we need to be ready for these kind of emergencies. (especially more so in $$$ terms for expats in local hospitals!)

Thanks

Yes Big Pearl, yes our taxes here in Australia over many years working here help to pay for our hospital operations etc, In November last year I had brain operation spent 10 days in PA hospital in Brisbane had 2 biopsys did not pay 1 cent.

Would be nice if the US had a system like that, lol. Getting seriously ill in the US can put you into bankruptcy if you cant afford to pay for adequate health coverage.

pnwcyclist wrote:

Would be nice if the US had a system like that, lol. Getting seriously ill in the US can put you into bankruptcy if you cant afford to pay for adequate health coverage.

I second that : It would indeed be nice for us too!

:D

From what I have found many Americans & other nationalities are leaving the phillipines or choosing another destination to live.  I will leave too as soon as I get things situated and cleared for my boys and their mother.  Too Anti foreigner here for me and the corruption is outrageous.

wrevans02 wrote:

From what I have found many Americans & other nationalities are leaving the phillipines or choosing another destination to live.  I will leave too as soon as I get things situated and cleared for my boys and their mother.  Too Anti foreigner here for me and the corruption is outrageous.

Welcome to expat.com.  Good luck on getting your family  situated.  US also corrupt, just not as obvious.

Different shades of grey!
Thats about it!

I agree.  No intention of returning to America but I will find a more pro expat country.

I guess www.expat.com may also get suggestions from the members how to improve the website's general appearance here.

For example:

1. It would be nice to see the number of "contacts" of a person's profile (without actually revealing who those contacts are).
It's because right now, you go to a person's profile, you see this "Karma", his recent activities, etc.
It would be nice to know how many friends/contacts/acquaintances he has made on this website Expat.com for networking purposes.

2. People post their services on the "Classifieds" section or their skills on the "Jobs" section. It would be nice to have a "review" section so that members who acquire the services of the other members via Expat.com can grade them from 1-10 or post a comment about them for credibility and transparency purposes.

3. It would be nice to see one or two personal photos of a person, who voluntarily uploaded them, and not for a "Philippines' Photo Album."
Right now, you upload a photo, but you learn it's for "Philippines' Photo Album" and not because you want people to see what you like, whether your photo is "for your contacts only" or "for everyone" to see.