Best dating site to meet a good lady?

Hi

I am planning to move to the PH this summer and I would like to give a try to online dating.

I am asking this question because I am not familiar with all the dating sites out there.

Can you please share what dating site can be more likely to have ladies interested in a long term relationship?

thanks a lot

R

I've played with nearly everything in the Philippines. You'll get laid a lot but to find a meaningful relationship with a Filipina that brings you fulfilment is almost impossible. That being said, let me see if I can help.

Cebu - DIA and OKCupid. Fil Cupid and perhaps wechat. Badoo is honorable mention.

Manila (depending on where)  - Skout and Fil Cupid were all I used.

I urge you not to move to Manila. Go to Cebu...or Duma/Davao. The smaller size of the city and slower dating pace will force you to keep a steady girlfriend. Manila has a very fast hookup dating scene and living there will leave you drained.

Hope this helps.

I agree with Nielsen although I have had more luck on Facebook than any dating site. The problems I have encountered though are that many women will tell you they are single but after chatting for a while they will admit to having children and sometimes even a husband who is working away, usually in Saudi.

I have spent time in Cagayan De Oro and Davao and must say that I think Davao is a good choice. Beware though of women asking you to send them money even though you have not even met them.

I would give some of the free international dating sites a shot first. At this time [link moderated]/ is 100% free. And so is ,*** .  Both have quite a few single Filipino women interested in meeting foreign husband or partner. I would recommend using both.

PinaLove is a good free dating site online.

Stay off the dating sites, available women will find you in no time in the Mall, stores and shops

Okieboy wrote:

Stay off the dating sites, available women will find you in no time in the Mall, stores and shops

Okieboy that's good advise, the OP says he wants to meet a good lady. From his bio he's living  in Bangkok Thailand and many of his past posts indicates also he spent time in Vietnam.

I've heard of the Bermuda where many planes went down, but the OP is entering the Love triangle Thailand/Vietnam/Philippines where many hearts and bank accounts go down.

Okieboy wrote:

Isnt there the golddiggers have huntingground?   :)

Chirstianfilipina.com  that's where I met my wife. Highly recommended.

ppjhm wrote:

I've never been to an online dating site, so when you said Christian Filipina, my inquiring mind wanted to see more, so I Googled ChristianFilipina reviews.

Wow one guy paid $597 for a Platinum membership. Another paid $61 a month for three months and quit.

So I check out the reviews of date sites for men seeking Filipina's.  Really entertaining, if the women don't scam you the site will. One guy had to close his bank account because he was still getting billed after he quit. So it got me thinking if anyone on this group joined an online dating site how much did you spend?

Rather than sell the Brooklyn Bridge ,I think I'll open an online dating site, Coach 53 do you want to partner with me?

Enzyte Bob wrote:
ppjhm wrote:

I've never been to an online dating site, so when you said Christian Filipina, my inquiring mind wanted to see more, so I Googled ChristianFilipina reviews.

Wow one guy paid $597 for a Platinum membership. Another paid $61 a month for three months and quit.

So I check out the reviews of date sites for men seeking Filipina's.  Really entertaining, if the women don't scam you the site will. One guy had to close his bank account because he was still getting billed after he quit.

An American in a reality TV about American K1-Visa - I look some at reality TV because of the physology and nut acting can be interesting/funny  :)  -   said I believe it was around 10 000 usd to use camera chat INSIDE a datingsite with one woman he had contact with allready long time, a FEW years ago so AFTER it became FREE such in e g Yahoo, Skype (and Facebook)!!!

Enzyte Bob wrote:

Rather than sell the Brooklyn Bridge ,I think I'll open an online dating site, Coach 53 do you want to partner with me?

Actualy I had plan to do such around 1995,  but I started some of my othee business ideas I had back then instead (e g a software production).

Some years ago I made serious planning about some related to add jobs to the Philippines by try to MAKE foreign businessmen chose the Philippines by connect them with suiting Filipinas  :)
BUT during research I found out the Philippine law about "Hunan trafficing" is so wide so NICE project organicers - and even profesional promoting of such - risk jail!!!    So I skiped it.   
(OFW agent businesses are risky too because of that law! Thats why some of them have headquarter outside Phils. And I dont know if its true, or if it was something more, but an Australian/New Yealand man living in Phils got in big problem after assisting a Filipina to get work in his home country.)
As to often Phil laws are vague - someone said they are for guidance!!! so its sometimes impossible to know whats allowed or not!!!   
(E g an important business law has a demand about max amount of employees to be valid, BUT it dont tell how much that maximum is!!!.)

So I suppouse - specialy when being foreigner - better stay out of what any idiot with power can risk find being "human trafficing"...

capricornrising wrote:

PinaLove is a good free dating site online.

I think they charge also.  A friend of mine uses this.

Enzyte Bob wrote:

What I would do is offer consultation services "skip or keep" for online dating subscribers, both for men and women, like what "skip it or stream it" is for Netlix movies / TV series. It's not just the foreigner who gets duped, but also the Filipina. It can reduce the subscription.

DateinAsia is by far the best...totally free.....most members and most popular in Asia

I've used DIA and Christian Filipina, both with mixed results. I also see nothing wrong with using such sites as long as you have realistic expectations and don't get sucked into sending money etc. I really don't understand the negativity being displayed here about using online dating sites. However, each to their own. For me, it's been more a positive than a negative experience 🙂

FilAmericanMom wrote:
Enzyte Bob wrote:

FilAmericanMom: "What I would do is offer consultation services "skip or keep" for online dating subscribers, both for men and women, like what "skip it or stream it" is for Netlix movies / TV series. It's not just the foreigner who gets duped, but also the Filipina. It can reduce the subscription".

I was talking tongue in cheek, but that sounds like a good idea.

Dating sites has caught my interest, not as a user, but as the successful need they fulfill. What I did is search Google using review  then the name of the site. Reading what the users say, strangely no Filipinas rated the sites.

Just read the reviews. . . .It's hard to determine who is the predator. 

THE WOMEN: After you met the first one online for all purposes you met them all. This is where the experienced  girlfriends hangs out.

THE MEN: Many of the men are already in the Philippines, so kind of taking a shortcut, if it doesn't work out, then they can move on to their next 24 hour girlfriend, until they find the right one. Spending their money wisely, they could have a large supply of 24 hour girlfriends and maybe until think they found the right match. The big problem for the men is they mistake infatuation for love.

The only sure winner is the dating site owner.

Now really what are the prospects for a successful marriage when the man is middle age or older, sometimes 20, 30 or 40 years older. Then the other factors are culture, language and education.

When a man has prostrate cancer, it's so slow, maybe 20 years or more. Consider the age gap between these couples, then add 20 years to both of them. Their pairing is like a slow cancer, she is still young, he is 60, 70 or 80 years old. Will they make this far?  or far as the money will take them?

Enzyte Bob wrote:

Just read the reviews. . . .It's hard to determine who is the predator.

Well. SOME of both.

Enzyte Bob wrote:

THE WOMEN: After you met the first one online for all purposes you met them all. This is where the experienced  girlfriends hangs out

Definitly NOT.
There are sure both very good wife material and golddiggers, as well as levels in between.

Enzyte Bob wrote:

THE MEN: Many of the men are already in the Philippines, so kind of taking a shortcut, if it doesn't work out, then they can move on to their next 24 hour girlfriend, until they find the right one. Spending their money wisely, they could have a large supply of 24 hour girlfriends and maybe until think they found the right match. The big problem for the men is they mistake infatuation for love.

I have no idea, but the Filipinas, who have complained to me about men at datingsites, who only aim at geting webcam NUDE.  If these bad behaving men would be in  the Philippines, I guess they would aim at physical contact...

Okieboy wrote:

Agreed.

This topic is probably one of the most frequent that has come up over the years on this site.

My take from the numerous posts by prospective first time visitors to these islands is that many members are on a mission and desperate to meet a Filipina. Filipina predators can ‘smell' this a mile off and genuine Filipinas will be put off by it.

Dating websites have a role to play in western countries but frankly there is no need for them in the Philippines. There is a surfeit of available women just waiting to be chatted up as soon as the wheels of your aircraft touch down on the runway at Ninoy Aquino International.

For example waiting for your luggage at the carousel. You can ‘select' a pretty Filipina from the waiting throng and stand next to her ‘in her space' without being intimidating. Use conversational lines such as ‘are you returning or visiting Phil?' ‘Are you staying in Manila?' ‘Which is your home Province?' ‘This is my first time in Manila, can you recommend any good restaurants?' No fellow forum readers its not rocket science. Offer to help her with her suitcase and ask her if she could direct you to the taxi stand - maybe even share the taxi. The fact that you are a foreigner will immediately give you a USP - unique selling proposition - milk it  Use your imagination. To use a British sports analogy ‘Think outside the box'

A case in point. On a visit to Manila in 2005 I was staying at the Peninsula Hotel. It was All Saints Day (1st November) and I'd been over to Greenbelt for a couple of beers. Not much going on but I was jetlagged. I was crossing the Zebra (I think our American friends have a different name for it) crossing on Ayala Avenue opposite my hotel and got stuck with the traffic half way across (this was before they erected the metal barrier.) As anyone knows Filipinos ignore the niceties of stopping at these striped lines.

By chance there was a very attractive tall Filipina in casual but smart dress, caught like me. The traffic just kept coming and eventually we looked at each other and just started laughing. Told her I'd just arrived and would she like to join me in the hotel bar for a drink as I would not be able to sleep for another 3 hours at least. She hesitated but agreed. Turns out she had been with some friends at a concert in Greenbellt and was on her way home. Very intelligent, had just graduated from Baguio University. Was from a well off family (her parents had homes in San Fernando & Baguio.) and was doing some part time research work for a couple of Arab guys in Makati.

I was flying out the next day to Dumaguete to stay at one of my favourite dive resorts the Atlantis in Dauin run by a fellow Brit. Would she like to join me? She said she would think about it. I really did not expect her to agree but my bedside phone went off at 5am and she said is the offer still on? We had a great time.

The point is there are numerous opportunities every single day you are in the Philippines to strike up aquaintances. Be patient, some days nothing will happen. Just take in the views and enjoy.

There are a couple of very witty & entertaining Vlogs from a couple of American expats based in Dumaguete who many forum readers will be familiar with. I would encourage the OP to view these. Both guys came out to Phil virtually penniless without knowing anyone and reliant on their state pension. Their advice was not to use dating sites. They now have soulmates and are very contented expats.

I met my wife on Cherry Blossoms, coming up on 15 years of happy marriage. We chatted for 3 weeks then I flew to Leyte and met her, got engaged and returned a year later to bring her to the US. We moved to our house in Biliran Island 7 months ago, my idea.

This is my second marriage, the first one was to an American girl and it didn't turn out well. I did this one more scientific, I was not going to let "love" cloud my decision making. I chose her for her looks, personality, honesty and petite shape and she chose me because I was the American man she had dreamed of marrying since childhood.

We were honest with each other from the beginning and love came later in the relationship. Trust, honesty and compatibility are much more important than love. I learned that lesson the hard way. Funny thing, she is honest to this day mainly because her parents did a good job raising her, but she gives some credit to her religious beliefs. I'm honest because I have no religious beliefs.

Unless you are a glutton for punishment, I would avoid dating sites. You do realize 90% of the women are scammers? And, if you amazingly hook up with a 10%, you will regret it once you see what you are missing out on.

Come here and look for yourself. You get to see and meet the real thing. Nothing hidden!

good article

Funny thing about these dating sites. I tried a site called Truly Asian a few years back expecting to find Asian women looking for Western men. There are a lot of Western women on there from the USA, Canada and Europe. My experience was that most of the Asian women were just trying to scam, get me to send money or move to another social media site so they could offer me a cam show,

Yes and just to add a rider to this thread and Waynes post regarding a chance meeting I had when last in the Philippines in November.

Some members may recall that I stayed at my ‘favourite' airport hotel, The Belmont, for one night in Manila prior to my departure the following day for Jakarta. Had a poor experience in their restaurant that evening - after an hour my order had not materialised so walked out and ‘dined' if you can call it that, next door at Starbucks. To be fair the hotel were very apologetic and their Food and Beverage manager lady rang me to say that they were short of chefs due to the pandemic. Mmmm. Lets park this comment for the moment.

As there was on checking in the night before there was a long queue to check out (yes you did read correctly, this is an AIRPORT hotel.)

Anyway I was in no particular hurry as my flight departure time was in 4 hours and the hotel is connected to the airport by a pedestrian covered walkway bridge across the highway.

So I sat in one of the lobby armchairs waiting for the queue to lesson. My attention was immediately taken by a Filipina seated opposite me. Boy was she a stunner. In her mid thirties and I immediately pigeon holed her as a class act from a well to do Filipino family. Possibly working as a senior executive for a large corporation. She was taking a nap and had slender long legs tucked to one side wearing a pencil skirt and a smart houndstooth black and white jacket. Fairly short black hair.

My favourite actress is the Ukranian born Olga Kurylenko - this lady was her double. This was by far the most interesting and serendipitous encounter of my two weeks spent in the country. Yeah and here I was waiting to check out for the airport.. I'm glad she was asleep as she had me spellbound.

The check out queue was starting to diminish and it was decision time. I could not wake her up but just as I started to get up she came out of her doze. Think Lotus: I was not wearing a mask and had genuinely forgotten that I would have needed one in the airport but I'd packed it in my suitcase, duh. So I looked at her and asked her if she had one. Of course she replied and offered to look in her bag for one. I then said something that I would never say in a western country to a complete stranger.

I complemented her on the way she dressed, her poise, and her elegant demure demeanour and stated to her that I just wanted her to know that before I leave. Well she just beamed at me with a smile that I will never forget. She knew that I was not trying to chat her up - I truly meant what I said. It turned out - and this is the ultimate irony - that she was waiting for her husband who was being interviewed for a Chefs job in the restaurant. I kid you not. He had just returned from a contract in Dubai and they were down from Pampanga. I asked her what her occupation was and she stated she was a quality control manager for a textile company there. She gave me another smile when I figured her as a high up corporate type. There was no arrogance in her as is often the case with AB1 Filipina's.

We said our goodbyes. I checked out. On coming back through the lobby to the hotel entrance I looked over at her and she looked straight back at me with an even bigger but natural smile.

@Lotus Eater the moral of the story being what???

I met my lady on Cherry Blossoms. I bought a one-year subscription for $99 back in 2005 and at that time it was free for the girls. I believe it is one of the older dating sites and started as a pen pal type dating service. I met a lot of nice girls on that site and had a lot of fun chatting with them before I met the lady I married.

Blossoms did a good job of policing their site for scammers in those days. I don't know how it is today but if you go to their home page you will see a guy pictured twice. His first wife was a good friend of my wife. She died of cancer and he found another fine lady on Blossoms. Doug is my friend on FB so I follow him from afar now but he came our parties in Houston and we went to his. Doug is 2 for 2 on Blossoms.

What other ways are there for meeting prospective brides in this day and age? I'm not into going to bars or stopping ladies on the street to ask if they're single and marriage minded. That is where you are the most likely to get scammed. If you know someone who has a single female friend or relative that they know well that would be a very good way to meet but that is a lot of ifs.

The guy I sold my motorhome to in Houston asked how I met my wife. He was around 80 years old but had a son that "unlucky in love" as he put it. I told him about the dating sites and his son signed up to one and ended up losing a lot of money, but he was a total idiot. The scam involved his girl being kidnapped by the MILF in Manila and ransom money was needed, and he paid! Then someone told him she was rescued but was shot in the process and needed money for medical expenses. This was all being reported to me by his dad and I told him it was a scam, but he didn't listen. All it takes is a little common sense and the son apparently came up short in that category.

The only one i have been recently familiar with it Pinalove.com it is hit and miss in terms of quality woman. the admin and mods have been better at removing fraudulent profiles, but there are still many prevalent in terms of a proposition to do videocams in exchange for money, etc.

there does seem to be a lot of decent woman there, but just none to my liking or certain standards, unfortunately.

TruePinay was another decent one. though i havent been on there for about 2-3 years.

Tinder, Meet.Me and Scout are also dating apps wherein you might have luck.

Regardless of the platform, yield with caution and don't pursue any romantic engagements where money is involved or requested early on before a relationship is even established

From my experience: any girl or woman who cannot take 3 seconds to write something in her profile/bio, or if there is any random gibberish in the profile as a measly attempt to just fill in that space provided, or the user handle itself reads as something questionable, don't bother.

@Lotus Eater the moral of the story being what???
-@rlmcar55

I'm no preacher. As I've said in earlier posts there are opportunities to meet Filipina's other than on dating sites in everyday life. If you had read the whole thread from the beginning you would have understood.

@rlmcar55 LOL sorry, had a chuckle with this

I used Filipino Cupid back 3+ years ago when I met my love.  I also used it 4 years ago, and met a scammer... she was young, and beautiful, and played me for 4 trips to Philippines that year while all the time she had a pinoy on the side.... I started to become suspicious after the second trip... and my 4th trip over was only to break up, and kick her out of my apartment... I tried 1 last time on cupid, but changed my tactics a little... I searched ONLY areas that were remote (provinces)... and found the absolute most amazing, caring, loving, real woman I could ever hope for... even though it started a little rough(her  and only profile pic(1 pic) was her sister... and not nearly as pretty as her... she used it because she was trying to help her sister who did not speak much English... to this day I can only get sis to say a word or two to me... lol.... anyways... I am extremely happy to the point I feel like I live in a dream... so, so. Sooo much better than the 28 years I spent being married to my Ex cheating, lying high school sweetheart!

@Cherryann01 I would recommend not  to date any one from online .The best thing u can do is do u have friends here in the Philippines  they can help u. Also a church girl.and also.a girl.from the provinces. There are many girls who go online and chat then start having all.kind of.promblems.and ask.for help .also the other thing is they have a local.boyfriemd who u will.also pay for .its best to meet face to.face to judge the character. Its not hard to meet some one u just need to chose carefully.

@fgarthon

You've just ruined Moon Dogs Easter break..

I met my better half on a dating site. So many others as well. Physically met 3 or 4 here in PH, one came to Australia and yes I paid for that but the one that eventually stood out? 12 years on and we are still together through thick and thin.

I'm not going into the dating site as I think it folded but,,,,,, it worked and it worked because I was not stupid and never let the wrong head make my choices.

Dating sites are fine if you have your wits about you and put the lust aside and focus on the person,

I met many people here both working and when we lived in Manila and I see the fickleness, insecurities, lies and scams here, even after 12 years here is no different to any other country, people can be A/holes.

I'm happy and see I made the correct choice, I found a good partner on a dating site.

Cheers. Steve.

@Cherryann01 I would recommend not to date any one from online .The best thing u can do is do u have friends here in the Philippines they can help u. Also a church girl.and also.a girl.from the provinces. There are many girls who go online and chat then start having all.kind of.promblems.and ask.for help .also the other thing is they have a local.boyfriemd who u will.also pay for .its best to meet face to.face to judge the character. Its not hard to meet some one u just need to chose carefully.
-@fgarthon

I only have friends of friends or friends of my ex's to be more precise. Funny thing is I did have a friend in the Philippines a few years ago that I did not know about until I got news that he died. He was married to a filipino and had been for some years and lived in Iloilo Iloilo City and was very happy there and very much in love with his wife. He was Welsh and I had served with him in the Royal Air Force in Germany in 1982/1983. I guess if I had Facebook earlier we may have re-connected and that could have been my opportunity to meet a woman over there with an introduction from him.

Like many of you who have served in the military will know, friendships gained while serving are special and withstand the test of time and all problems. After all we worked, eat, socialised together and even lived in the same housing block, sharing facilities. It is a unique bond ex service people have.

I would say meeting in person especially through a friend is the way to go but even though I met my ex on Facebook and visited her twice in the Philippines with her staying with me in a resort and condo, she still managed to hide the fact that she was married. Even if you did meet in person whilst in the Philippines, say at a Mall, they could still have a boyfriend or husband. Sometimes it seems like a tag team against you, the filipino your dating and the boyfriend or husband in the background, probably planning the next move or scam.

For now I have no concrete plans to go back although I am chatting to 3 women. I have re-assessed after watching a few You Tube videos and realise that it may be better to wait until nearer pension age before  making plans for the move, if at all. To be honest I think I need to stop chatting to these women for now apart from one of them. It seems I may just have an addiction to chatting and that can lead to scamming or putting myself in a position to be scammed. The one I do trust though.

I have also recently been to Bangkok and Da Nang on my own just for a holiday and had a great time especially in Da Nang, such a lovely place with lots to do nearby. Even had a one off date with one of the locals.

Well PM me

@Cherryann01

Do tell us about the one off date, don't be a 'Kuripot' 1f605.svg Also you mentioned about having a hair salon head massage performed with two Vietnamese ladies1f603.svg

I realise this is not the Vietnamese Forum but occasionally we all like a little diversion. Besides its Easter Sunday and the moderators all have the day off :)

@Cherryann01
Do tell us about the one off date, don't be a 'Kuripot' 1f605.svg Also you mentioned about having a hair salon head massage performed with two Vietnamese ladies1f603.svg
I realise this is not the Vietnamese Forum but occasionally we all like a little diversion. Besides its Easter Sunday and the moderators all have the day off smile.png
-@Lotus Eater

Ok - Well the hairdressers experience was with a pretty Vietnamese lady. No haircut but she washed and massaged my feet first, then a shave, washed and dried my hair, head and shoulder massage and of course the cleaning of the ear wax from both ears whilst I had some sort of cucumber flavoured cloth over my eyes. She seemed proud to show me just how much wax she had removed from my ears1f923.svg, nice relaxing experience though.

The one off date happened on my last full day in Da Nang. I had a few million Dong left and did not want to get stuck with the money like I had with some Thai Baht. I went to a reputable massage shop, based in a hotel near mine and had a 90 minute body massage. The young lady giving me the massage was a stunner so we got chatting using Google translate after the massage, swapped Facebook details and arranged to meet after her shift had finished.

She turned up at 11pm that night outside my hotel on her scooter, I jumped on the back and held on tight and she navigated the light traffic well. After a couple of attempts we found a street food restaurant which was open with the little kid's sized plastic chairs you used to see in Primary Schools and we sat down for what she described as Hot Pot. Broth with vegetables, noodles and prawns and some sort of fish. We again communicated using our phones and then she took me back to my hotel on the back of her scooter.

The food was cheap so I did go back for another massage the next day.

What surprised me was the traffic. There was a restaurant on the way from my hotel to the beach, a Japanese place that served the meat that you cooked on a grill at your table. It was next to a roundabout and I used to sit there eating with a glass of cider and just watch the traffic navigate the roundabout. Looked like organised chaos to me and dangerous so when she approached that roundabout with me on the back of her scooter I was worried to say the least. However her driving was fine and it give me a different view and an idea of how they drive there.

@Cherryann01

I'm on the next plane to Da Nang 😜

@Cherryann01
I'm on the next plane to Da Nang 😜
-@Lotus Eater

I really enjoyed Da Nang, better than Bangkok because you have the city side and the beach side so you can just chill at one of the lovely beaches. Lots to see in and around the city also and the Ba Na Hills is spectacular, cable car up there, great views and lots up there to see and do.

Interesting observation - Whilst in Bangkok for five days on this holiday, I could count the number of times I heard a car horn been sounded on the fingers of one hand. Traffic was very congested but they seem to resist the temptation to use the horn. Not so in Vietnam or the Philippines.

Also I have learnt something else regarding online dating, Facebook Messenger in my case. If you notice any potential Red Flags, when you address the issue and ask the question or questions regarding the subject, do not type anything else until you get an answer. So to give you an example: With my ex, on her Facebook Page it said she was divorced. I knew no better until watching videos and reading comments on this forum about divorce in the Philippines so I messaged her to ask her about it. I think after my message she replied saying, hold on a while I am preparing dinner so I messaged back asking her what she was preparing and said, enjoy your dinner. My original message about why her Facebook Account said she was divorced was never answered and the conversation then turned to a different subject.

So make sure you get the answer or answers to your questions regarding any potential Red Flags before typing another message even if you have to ask four or five times.

@Okieboy hi i firts time here how are u? How to install, this site