How much would a daily maid cost

How much do people pay for a maid to come in one day a week, for a full days work?

Is is much different between City and province ?

Also the same question but for a live in maid, what would be the monthly rate ?

Hello

The maid salary will depend on your location. Mostly if you are in NCR or near areas, you will need to pay php3000 to php5000 monthly. And also, do you want them to stay at your place everyday?

In our case, we hire maid weekly (not stay in) for whole housecleaning, and laundry (2 to 3 baskets) for php350.00 to php400.00. Free food.
We are lucky for having really honest people for 5 years. Good luck!

thats a good deal for and honest maid who works so hard ,they deserve more i think .
is that handwashing they do or from a machine you have  them use ?then whole house cleaning ?is it just one person who does it all ?thx for your post and contact !!

Hello

They do the laundry by hand or washing machine, it depends on your request. Most maid who go weekly stay for 3 to 5 hours in the house to do all the tasks, and sometimes they do it alone or with a companion (relative). We also give them fare and extra, so they make php500 to php600 often.

Hi ABCDiamond,

Since you are looking for a maid to come in 1 day a week, it can be assumed that she has to do everything i.e.
general cleaning, change sheets, laundry etc... within the day.

It wouldn't hurt to pay anywhere between P500 - P800 for that day (with a free meal in between), specially if she has to do a week-load laundry for 2-3 persons.   The maid would normally put your clothes on the machine (2 batches) and then proceed with cleaning the bedrooms, living room and kitchen areas.

An additional P100 for transportation wouldn't hurt as well.

In Metro Manila for expats, day rate is between 400-600.  Some do pay a lot more as they have had their helper for a long time. Would suggest starting at 500 (9 hr day) and if you like, then give a bit extra. Its only a few dollars for you, but a meal for them.

Monthly live in can range from 6k to 12k.  I hear stories from locals who complain about their lazy or dishonest helpers, but then only pay 4k.  You really get what you pay for. You need to consider paying Phil Health, SSS, Pagibid. You really dont want your live in to get sick and saddle you with a large medical bill. At least having Phil Health will cover 80% or so.

That's depends on the work you give to her and the hours  too, if you pay less then you expect lazy maid but if you pay which she deserve then you will expect hard worker maid :)

ruberagas wrote:

That's depends on the work you give to her and the hours  too, if you pay less then you expect lazy maid but if you pay which she deserve then you will expect hard worker maid :)

And to that, my question would be how much does one deserve ? 5,000 peso or 50,000 pesos per month ?

To people asking questions like this it generally means they don't know and want guidance.

Its obvious that if someone pays under, then they will probably get a worse service, but when someone has no idea, then how do they know if it is under or over ?

Ehoops88, Petersan and dhnindc have given good answers

not to be hurtful, my friend and landlord is overseas a lot. He pays Phil health,  living, motorcycle, college, phone, higher than normal wage, etc etc for his help, the gals are playing while the boss is away and none of the needs of his 8 houses are being met. So if you are going to do the xtra, always or most often be there. Trust no one.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : off topic

I live in Norway. The house is in Cagayan de Oro city. I need a care taker from June 01. She must stay in the house and take care of it. There is already one lady caretaker and the other is leaving so I need replacement.

I live in Norway. The house is in Cagayan de Oro city. I need a care taker from June 01. She must stay in the house and take care of it. There is already one lady caretaker and the other is leaving so I need replacement. Salary is 4000 pesos and I pay 1000 for the food and the gas, So it will be all together 5000 pesos a month.

@ MrNorway > This is a topic where we are discussing on the price that we should pay a maid.

For your job offer, i invite you to post in the appropriate section which is : Housemaid jobs in the Philippines.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

wow thats big money for maid up to p800+ for one day, where i live in samar a few top tradesman make p500 max a day, maids up to p3,000 per month, some foreigners try to out do one another with pay rates for their staff ,but no pinoy boss will pay more than they have to. the going rate in manila is still 3,000 a month for maid.

I live at Manila, I do have a helper, she lives in the house. I provide her, her own room, her own bathroom and the "dirty" kitchen to use as she likes. Her food is from our food and is free to eat whatever is in the house (except us LOL).
Her actual work is not more than 5-6 hours a day. She gets one day off per week which she accumulates and every second weekend she goes to her close by province.
Her salary is 5000p/month plus some small tips from change etc, she as well gets some "bonus" every 5-6 months so all in her monthly income comes to 7000p/month max.
She is the most well paid and best living conditions helper in our area.
Sometimes we hire an extra help since the house is huge and she gets 300p for a good 8 hours work and a free meal. She is 49 years old, together with us 5 years now, and in general I am happy with her and as it seems she is happy with us.
Had younger and cheaper helpers in the past, for 3000p/month. They all left for a better opportunity...not the topic to discuss what they found etc.
Agencies offer helpers, I never had to go there, usually we were recommended one from friends.
Now I plan to start living in my 40m2 condo as well. Obviously not enough space to have a live in helper. I would need someone twice a week to do the dusting mopping and ironing, for 4-5 hours each time. To a quick question at the condo administration office I was told 300p per day all included.

barkz wrote:

wow thats big money for maid up to p800+ for one day, where i live in samar a few top tradesman make p500 max a day, maids up to p3,000 per month, some foreigners try to out do one another with pay rates for their staff ,but no pinoy boss will pay more than they have to. the going rate in manila is still 3,000 a month for maid.

Yep agree, remember that in the Philippines a senior nurse in charge, after 4  plus years of study makes about 30,000php a month.  And from that they then have to pay for there own food and accommodation, electricity, wifi, water etc. etc.

joeatmanila wrote:

I live at Manila, I do have a helper, she lives in the house. I provide her, her own room, her own bathroom and the "dirty" kitchen to use as she likes. Her food is from our food and is free to eat whatever is in the house (except us LOL).
Her actual work is not more than 5-6 hours a day. She gets one day off per week which she accumulates and every second weekend she goes to her close by province.
Her salary is 5000p/month plus some small tips from change etc, she as well gets some "bonus" every 5-6 months so all in her monthly income comes to 7000p/month max.
She is the most well paid and best living conditions helper in our area.
Sometimes we hire an extra help since the house is huge and she gets 300p for a good 8 hours work and a free meal. She is 49 years old, together with us 5 years now, and in general I am happy with her and as it seems she is happy with us.
Had younger and cheaper helpers in the past, for 3000p/month. They all left for a better opportunity...not the topic to discuss what they found etc.
Agencies offer helpers, I never had to go there, usually we were recommended one from friends.
Now I plan to start living in my 40m2 condo as well. Obviously not enough space to have a live in helper. I would need someone twice a week to do the dusting mopping and ironing, for 4-5 hours each time. To a quick question at the condo administration office I was told 300p per day all included.

Yep a lot of expats have no idea of what they should be paying or what a Filipina makes  working in the real world and end up over paying for staff, hence one cleaner leaving to move on to a better job, and they will just keep moving on chasing the money, as I would if a new employer offered me better conditions than my current employer,

Does it mean you don't want a helper that is stay-in? If you only want a stay out helper but needs to like go to your house everyday then 1000 a week is I guess reasonable. When I'm in the Philippines I usually pay 1000 a week for a maid that is not stay in.

My understanding is that a full time live in mad gets around a base wage of 4,000php per month or a total package of 7,200php per month, which includes:  The wage above, plus: Food, Phil Health.  Then of course you will have to pay for the extra electricity and water etc.

We live in province. So, it's true the price of maid services depend on where you live. The average daily salary here is 200 pesos or $4.00 daily.

We bring a maid in one day a week for 8 hours. She only clean the house top to bottom. Detail cleaning. We pay her 330 pesos.

That's a good salary where we live. It's more than average but you get what you pay for. Paying 500 pesos daily would be the cost of a professional person doing work for you here.

it high pay because a lot of foreigners in your region,pinoys dont pay those rates of pay

we have a maid who comes in 5 days a week 8 hrs a day she lives close by,  she is experinced in house work i know her former employer. she gets p2,700 a month but she likes weekly pay so its p675 a week we make sure she gets some breaks something to eat and drink  no pressure to finish the work we live in samar, i dont know of any maid getting more than p3,000 a month in this area

Much more per day than a live in maid.  I will say $10 a day more or less. Does she get a free meal? does she need travel to were you live?  You might get a lady who wants a day a week job who lives close for $5 a day.  A supper maid from across town $15 a day trained. Philippine maids some do not understand Microwave, wash machine, spin dryer.  And other words.  A live in maid own room. $2.25 a day up. That includes 3 meals a day, 1 day a week off. + Xmass bonus extra. Or 100 piso a day if untrained. More if you do not have wash machine, micro wave, air, fan & such.

you can find the different rates on the goverment website but like most things are not updated

Are some families really just paying around 3,000 for a month. I think that's too cheap! I honestly think 5000 should be the bare minimum.

My family usually pays new hires with 10,000 pesos. Then, if they do a good job over a period of time, it eventually increases to about 12,000.

I know that we all try to be frugal, but anything less than 5000 is, I think, extremely unfair. What can you buy with 100 pesos/day nowadays? That's just crazy.

Of course, as some people have noted, always be vigilant with any person you let inside your house. If you can, install CCTVs and always do background checks.

valleyspeak wrote:

Are some families really just paying around 3,000 for a month. I think that's too cheap! I honestly think 5000 should be the bare minimum.

My family usually pays new hires with 10,000 pesos. Then, if they do a good job over a period of time, it eventually increases to about 12,000.

I know that we all try to be frugal, but anything less than 5000 is, I think, extremely unfair. What can you buy with 100 pesos/day nowadays? That's just crazy.

Of course, as some people have noted, always be vigilant with any person you let inside your house. If you can, install CCTVs and always do background checks.

Valleyspeak

For me, if you are paying 12,000php per month for a live in maid, then you add on accommodation and Phil health.  The amount of the overall package is about the wage of a nurse, who studied for 5 years,  So at around 3,000 per month plus Phil health and food included, is pretty well what the wage should be.

Remember a senior nurse, after 5 years of study, plus more professional development and study, and after 15 to 20 year in a hospital will make about 30,000php per month.

Things to consider in the price of a maid:
* Live in maid, or not
* Educated
* Good spoken English
* Food included or not included
* Phil Health
* Accommodation - Electricity
* Living in the province or living in Manila
??

There are many aspect to look at this from,

Salary of maids depends on what you are going to ask them. Like if you wanted them to live-in your house or just every morning. By the way do you guys know a trustworthy maids?

It's very easy, because there is a law.
http://www.gov.ph/2013/01/18/republic-act-no-10361/

I also agree that its too much to pay a maid that high. I'm not discriminating them but a regular college graduate clerk earns 10k/ month. Then deduct the tax, fare, food, clothing, etc.

I once inquired through an agency then they gave me a rate of P4,000-4,500. It's outrageous!!! Their maids don't even know how to cook.

However, in our desperation, we got 2 maids for that rate and ended with regrets.

I suggest to get maids that are really in need. Pay them at least P3,000 a month (its reasonable enough), give them good place to sleep, share your food and let them join in some of your parties in the house. When you see that your maid is good and deserves more, then that will be the time you give them a raise. But don't give them higher rate from the start.

Service clerks only receive 8k-10k / month --- welcome to the reality of Philippine employment!!! That amount of money will be deducted with tax, etc. Most people will get no extra money after all expenses are deducted.

It is too much to pay a maid with a starting of P10,000 / month. A reasonable one will be P3,000 then if the maid is good, then give them a raise.

i know that the query is only about salary for a house maid but first, i just would like to remind you that it has been three years since the kasambahay bill was passed. it obliges all those who employ maids to pay SSS ( Social Security System) due amount for the benefit of their maids/helpers. Having house hold help is cheap in the Philippines either stay in/ stay out. Salary may differ depending on your area, the jobs limitation and work experience of your worker. It would be decent to give 5K for metro manila workers and 3500 for provincial workers. Using an agency to hire help would be safer but more costly. A good option is asking for referrals and don't forget to check the applicant's NBI and police clearance, which you may or may not shoulder.

We pay 700 a week for a 6 day week. + X-Mass bonus. Live in. She eats the same food as we do. She goes on trips with us like beach & such. So not all work. She is treated more as family. S.S. is 350 a month. We are flexible about her day off.  Yes she is husband hunting.  Yes my wife knew her older sister. Yes my wives father knows her father. Yes she is from good family.  Yes she is a good maid most of the time. Her big problem is she thinks she works for my wife & thinks the wife is her big boss.

Well if ur an expat if u hire a maid it cost 10k

BoninayShing wrote:

Well if ur an expat if u hire a maid it cost 10k

"if ur an expat" . . . hmmm. You mean you would charge an foreigner higher than a Filipino for services just because they are foreigners? Isn't that like a double standard?

To expats, remember that people see dollar signs when they look at you. You will be charged higher for things and services with a variable price tag, whether it be floor tiles, or hog feed, or fish from a public market, or housekeeping.

Unless you are used to haggling here in the Philippines, get a Filipino friend's help in buying certain things. Like when we hire a housekeeper, I  or my parents are the ones who interview them. I don't introduce them yet to my Caucasian husband and kids. Or when we buy fruit in Tagaytay. I get out of the car and have my husband and kids hide from view. Sometimes, there's an odd look on the vendor's face when he sees my family after I've paid for my discounted purchase. (Read: "I should have charged them more.")

I always consider that a fully qualified senior nurse after, 4 plus years of training (which she or family have had to pay for) and then several plus years of working at a lower rate, makes about 30,000php per month, she/he then has to pay for board, food, elec, water, wifi, holidays etc.

Good good evening's every one involved this site.please can i join to the topic.i just wanna inform that all maids are working manual works.yes some are not graduate.but they are more experience vto the job they are looking. Ajd most possible to high salary are the ex ofw.naawa ako .sa sinasabi nila .maid lang sasahud jg malaki.parang nag proffesional.yes being maid is poiffesion.thanks po!!!

Looking for Full Time maid (live in) - We are from Australia, lived in Manila for 2 years, live in a sizable house, no kids, but a few dogs. Metro Manila area. Recent maid after 6 months has decided to go back to Province. Please SMS or call ** or send me a private message - PS - no agencies please, just direct

@webfoot_warrior Amen brother..

@James Mitchel

I think you might want to consider who she thinks is the Big boss. Uh huh, The BIG boss. You know, the HMFIC!

1f60e.svg

@Ehoops88 - Jesus, $100 American...?!