Dogs with their family

My dog Denis is 14y but I have to bring him with me from Ireland to live with me in Spain . I am looking for the best way to do this.

Hi,

so I think by plane is no option. It likes driving in the car? If so it would be the best way to drive this route once (with ferry) with enough stops. Breaks are very important, your dog has to have the possibility to walk and you should also take the same things to eat as always bc changes are not that easy for old dogs.

I wish you and your dog the best:)

Hello!

Me and my partner are (fingers crossed) moving to somewhere near Barcelona in April with our 2 dogs.

There are removal services which can chauffeur you, all of your belongings and also your dogs via the ferry for around £3000 from the Midlands. They help load and unload the van, and it seems like the best option I've found as it means you don't have to worry about renting a car for the journey (I'm not sure if any of the rental companies are still offering drop off in other country options...) or driving a right hand drive car if you take your own.

If you just search chauffeur removal service uk the couple of companies I've spoken to so far have seemed very friendly and helpful!

I'd also be interested if you find any alternative options and hope your move to Spain goes really well :)

We drove from London. Take it easy and have two stop overs. Campeniles are a safe bet as similar to Travelodge. You will need a pet passport prepared by your vet ... Will be checked at ferry and also Spanish vets will demand to see it once they see you not Spanish...ours did!
Dog was as good as gold! Was like she knew something major was afoot and no point whining.  Whereas for short trips here she often whines annoyingly 😁