Play school for a 3 year old one, region Mons

As we are moving to Mons this summer I am already looking for play schools/maternelle for my 3 years old daughter. She speaks German and Russian at home and she hears English, Dutch and some French words in the play school, she attends now.

Are there any playschools/nurseries around Mons which offer English-French/Dutch? I am starting to get nervous that we cannot find a suitable place for her as I have not found an option for us. SHAPE is out of question as we are not sent by the NATO or other institution.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello,

Welcome on our forum, I hope you'll enjoy it as your new life in Belgium.

Like any parent, your child's well-being is crucial. But don't focus on the language barrier, because it's an adult problem, not a child's problem. You can't imagine a child's language learning ability. Put him in full immersion in a foreign language school, in less than three months, he will be perfectly at ease. On the contrary of an adult who even with private lessons will take two to three times longer.

In addition by putting him completely in contact with the local population, you will allow him (if you stay long enough of course in Belgium) to open up to a different culture.

Simple example, my daughter speaks French / Portuguese / English and my son speaks French / Portuguese.

Finally, just look for a school near you where your mother's gut will tell you that your child will be okay.

Thank you very much for your lovely reply! Very appreciated! You are right and the prospect of speaking French fluently is of course very tempting :) I guess our child will be better in French than we ever can be.

To us is another question how long do we stay in Belgium and which country will be the next one; that is the reason why I am thinking about an IB-education. As I am a native German speaker we think about the German International School in Brussels; the main disadvantage is of course the distance to Mons. Ie my husband has to commute every day approx 1 hrs.

Well, we have some time left but clock is ticking :))

Thanks again for your answer!

Even if it is for one or two months, your child will benefit. And it will remain written in his brain. And the day he begins to study French again, there will be a click.

The traffic from Mons to Brussels is a real nightmare. Do not impose this on yourself or your child.

For the rest, at home, continue your husband and you to speak to him in your native language. 9 out of 10 parents do not imagine the intellectual learning capacities of a young child.

If you came to my house, you would see us constantly speaking in several languages at the same time.