Having my new baby here in Brazil, How is the documentation process ?

This is regarding Passport ,
I need more relevant answers regarding Indian immigration. Not getting too much support outside.

Here in brazil we have by birth nationality. I want to understand this point here regarding to get the passport.

1. I have connected with indian embassy and they told me that I can get either indian or Brazilian passport plus OCI (overseas citizenship for india ) for my kid but they didn't get MUCH information regarding my doubts.

2. If I'm applying indian passport I have to register the birth of baby to Ministry of home affairs. In this case will he loose residency of brazil ? That's means how he will stay with us in brazil ? We need to apply a visa here ?

3. If I'm getting BRAZILIAN PASSPORT plus OCI(overseas citizenship of india) , what are the benefits he or as whole we can get ?

4. Once we are in Índia can we change OCI to indian passport and leave/surrender Brazilian passport to Brazilian Embassy ? In this case will his residency will be valid in Brazil, means he can travel to brazil with his RG and indian passport ? When I say residency means his local ID card RG of brazil.

Thanks everyone for wonderful support in this expat forum and hope I will get my doubts clear.

Thanks 😊

meet_me_india wrote:

Hello Everyone, today I collected RG for my baby, It's from IIRGD, São Paulo. All the details are correct, just a question , I didn't see any expiry date for document but it was written something like observação

Congratulations!

A RG is a permanent document, and normally doesn't have an expiration date.  Since your baby is an infant, there's probably a requirement to get a new one as s/he grows.  Look for any instruction of that type, either printed on the RG, or on any documents that you received with it.

@meet_me_india Hello, I am also planing to have my baby in Brazil. How did this work out. Can you please advice me on what to do. How long did it take to get baby passport, hospital bills cost how much etc. I will be glad for your advice

@meet_me_india Hello, I am also planing to have my baby in Brazil. How did this work out. Can you please advice me on what to do. How long did it take to get baby passport, hospital bills cost how much etc. I will be glad for your advice
-@Joshua Ademola Alabi

meet_me_india  has not posted on this form in 2 years. Hopefully, someone with knowledge will help.

There are posts pertaining to your questions. Type in the search area or Floropa area where many ask these questions.

@meet_me_india whats the topic for PR?