Having my new baby here in Brazil, How is the documentation process ?

Thanks everyone for always support. I am going to be a father very soon. Myself and my wife has Brazilian RNM documents and we want to have out baby here. Please let me know the documents process and complexity and any forum or post to follow.

I need to understand below points -

1. Birth Certificate ( if it valid in my home country or do I need have any apostile)
2. CPF
3. RG
4. Passport
5. VISA for my home country

How much time it's required for each one and if it is in order or should I work parallel to have those documents,

I am not sure if I understand, help me.
Is you wife Brazilian?
By saying you and your wife have documents for CRNM, are you saying you and wife want to apply for a CRNM?
Where were you married?
If neither is Brazilian, you are going to have a difficult time getting a visa being with child. The PF handles CRMN which can only be done in Brazil and takes a long time.
More facts are needed.
Congrats!

TexanBrazil, we both are indian and married in India and I'm working in Brazil. We have RNM ( earlier it was named as RNE) as a valid document for foreigner.
We married in India itself. Hope now you have more clarity. Pls help with information above I am looking for.

Thanks for replying and help.

Does your RNE have an expiration date?
Have obtained it via a sponsor for work, it is temporary and business is responsible. I had one when I went to our office in Rio and was told by PF to watch my days in Brazil and being out of Brazil. (actually company HR dept. watched it). If via work it is actually the business's responsibility to oversee it. They went through the process for you and was approved for the business.
When I retired the temporary expired and I went through the complete process again on my own.
I will defer to others as to being non-Brazilians. Your company may be the best help. If you are working for a business and having a child in Brazil, the baby would be a BR citizen.

As Texanbrazil says, your child will be a Brazilian citizen at birth and will not need a visa.  Since you and your wife are both in Brazil legally, your CRNMs, your CPFs, and your passports should be enough to register your child here.  Your CRNMs show your parents' names, which is what birth certificates are usually requested for.  The advice to talk to your company is good. 

Have you and your wife selected a maternity hospital yet?  Many have cartórios onsite to register newborns, and others have cartórios nearby that are generally used.  Those cartórios can tell you exactly the documentation required.

With respect to your fourth item, Brazil won't require an Indian visa; you'll need to determine with the nearest Indian Consulate what you'll need to do to safeguard your child's right to Indian citizenship.

Great points. Never thought of protecting their home country's citizenship for a child.

You already have the documents required.

There is a bill introduced last year at the Indian parliament of allowing dual citizenship for Indians living abroad. So your child would be a Brazilian by birth and later also an Indian through that bill introduced last July 2019 if approved. There´s approximately 15.6 million Indians living overseas so the success of the bill being approved is great. My congratulations and good luck!

robal

Thanks everyone for providing valuable comments and suggestions, here what I have understood till now.
1. I am taking pre-natal with a doctor who suggested Santa Joana hospital to do delivery of baby.
2. The hospital itself has cartório which provide the Birth certificate with CPF.
3. After that I need to apply for RG, which usually take 5-7 working days after applying it, for this need to be present with child and both parents.
4. Then once I have RG, I can apply to passport of baby and also start parallel my permanent residency (Family reunion VISA). I do not have certain time period certain for each of this process still. I am trying to understand the how much time it will take to get passport of baby and my new residency card.
5. Once I receive passport I will get the Indian VISA (called OCI, Overseas Citizen Of India).

If any suggestion, or I am missing let me know. Hope the same will apply for all nationality except the point 5.

As an Indian my child can only have Brazilian passport and OCI as still India doesn't support dual nationality.

Those sound like the right documents, in the proper order.

Timing for the baby's passport and your and your wife's CRNMs is highly variable, depending on the level of demand for each document at the responsible Federal Police office.   The passport may be ready in three to four weeks:  I wouldn't expect less, and it could be more.

Most reports on CRNMs seem to indicate that wait times are getting longer.   While it could be faster, I'd expect to wait three to six months for the cards to be returned from Brasília.   That's if your applications are accepted at all:  since you and your wife already have CRNMs thanks to your work visa, the Federal Police may tell you to apply for replacements as you near the expiration date of your current ones.

Hi Buddy,
As I explained, in last minute I changed the hospital and I had an induction with hospital called SANTA JOANA maternidade. They don't have the cartoria and they told they will provide a live birth details , which I need to carry to very close cartoria. I have a question, if this will happen, I need to present my RNM and my WIFE RNM, also the marriage certificate or passport ? as the marriage certificate is in English, will they accept it ? It is apostiled by HUGE convention but date in 2018.

What all document I need to provide them to put right parents details in birth certificate.

Do anyone know any agent or service provider, who can help us to get the permanent residency- that usually stand for 9 years.

Documents needed for the baby´s birth certificate:

1. Your passports translated by a sworn translator (tradutor juramentado) since you already have the Hague Apostille. It contains your visas for Brasil.  One parent can register your child hence only one passport can be translated but you will be applying for a permanent residency, so you might as well translate both passports.

2. Both your temporary CRNMs

3. Your marriage certificate - if in English should also be translated. All these translated documents will be used later for your permanent residency card (RNE) and now called CRNM.

4. Bring your CPF.

To complete the baby´s documents including passport, approximately 6 months.
And for your permanent residency CRNM, about 1 year.

robal

Thanks for the reply, one question, how I can find sworn translator (tradutor juramentado)  in Sao Paulo ?

Oh and also bring the datas that will be provided by the hospital for the nearest cartorio. If you´re worried you might get lost, get an Uber and tell him to bring you to the nearest cartório.

Translation takes a few days. It can be done online. abthree uses Fidelity Translations.

robal

If you want to do it in person, Google "Tradutor Juramentados" and it will give you the list with phone numbers and addresses.

robal

meet_me_india wrote:

Do anyone know any agent or service provider, who can help us to get the permanent residency- that usually stand for 9 years.

It´s easy enough to do it at a Policia Federal station. You ask for the forms or download it on-line. I suppose you´ll get a waiver on the criminal background check since you´re in Brazil. How long have you been in Brazil and have you travelled overseas for some time?

I'm in brazil since oct 2018 and my visa RNM valor till this year 30 Sep. I never bring out of brazil in this period.

I have contacted some indian friend as they had same immigration condition,  who delivered in other hospital called Promatre São Paulo which is of same owner of Santa Joana, that hospital itself provided the birth certificate as they have this facility and they didn't asked the translation of passport or marriage certificate, so do you think should I start the translation process or go to cartoria to confirm this ?

meet_me_india wrote:

I'm in brazil since oct 2018 and my visa RNM valor till this year 30 Sep. I never bring out of brazil in this period.

I asked you the question because for CRNM, you need to present a criminal background check from countries you lived for the last 4 years. You´re here only for 2 years so your initial clearance when you entered Brazil should do to get a waiver.

meet_me_india wrote:

I have contacted some indian friend as they had same immigration condition,  who delivered in other hospital called Promatre São Paulo which is of same owner of Santa Joana, that hospital itself provided the birth certificate as they have this facility and they didn't asked the translation of passport or marriage certificate, so do you think should I start the translation process or go to cartoria to confirm this ?

You can ask them if they accept untranslated documents. For your permanent residency, you definitely need it.

Hi Robal, I have searched and talked to some of the Sworn translator, I have a question, as after this translation, do I need to do APOSTILE (HAUGE convention) to present for permanent residency of in case if cartoria request in birth certificate  ? If yes, ho can I do that, do you have any site which explain the process to do the legalisation of documents in Sao Paulo or in Brazil.

meet_me_india wrote:

Hi Robal, I have searched and talked to some of the Sworn translator, I have a question, as after this translation, do I need to do APOSTILE (HAUGE convention) to present for permanent residency of in case if cartoria request in birth certificate  ? If yes, ho can I do that, do you have any site which explain the process to do the legalisation of documents in Sao Paulo or in Brazil.

Or just an translation with SWORN translator will be accepted by Cartoria(for Birth certificate) and PF (Permanent residency)

One more thing regarding translated document, some provider told they will be delivering the document by email , is that way they do the translation ? They will not send the document as hard copy ? Or I just take a print and it's enough ?

meet_me_india wrote:

Any foreign document should be apostilled before being translated. I´ve run into an Indian seaman
on this forum who reported that the Indian embassy has this type of service. Inform at the Indian Consulate General at Av. Paulista, 925, 7th Floor,. Bela Vista, Sao Paulo (Brazil). CEP 01311-100. Telephone: 11- 32793780 and 32793773

General Email: [email protected]

robal

meet_me_india wrote:
meet_me_india wrote:

Or just an translation with SWORN translator will be accepted by Cartoria(for Birth certificate) and PF (Permanent residency)

Cartorio might accept the translation without the apostille but be sure to ask them first. The Permanent
Residency application you definitely need the apostille and the translation!

My marriage document is already apostile, what my doubt is once I do the translation with Sworn translation, so I need to again apostile that translated document in Brazil ? As how we can guarantee the validation of Sworn translation? A signature verification like we say “reconhecimento do assinatura “ ?

meet_me_india wrote:

One more thing regarding translated document, some provider told they will be delivering the document by email , is that way they do the translation ? They will not send the document as hard copy ? Or I just take a print and it's enough ?

That´s the way - by e-mail nowadays. Just print it and use as needed.

robal

meet_me_india wrote:

My marriage document is already apostile, what my doubt is once I do the translation with Sworn translation, so I need to again apostile that translated document in Brazil ? As how we can guarantee the validation of Sworn translation? A signature verification like we say “reconhecimento do assinatura “ ?

You don´t need to apostille a translated document in Brazil. Only the originals that originated from India. They are registered sworn translators and they will affix their seal and a signature! So very valid!
Reconhecimento de assinatura is done at cartórios. Make sure that you register your baby where you already have the cadastro for that "reconhecimento."

robal

robal wrote:
meet_me_india wrote:

I asked you the question because for CRNM, you need to present a criminal background check from countries you lived for the last 4 years. You´re here only for 2 years so your initial clearance when you entered Brazil should do to get a waiver.

Since you´ve been living in Brazil, you´ll also need for sure the criminal background checks for federal and state for your permanent residency.

robal

Federal criminal background check is done online - easy.  Here in Amazonas, the state check is, too.  I would expect São Paulo to be the same.

robal wrote:
meet_me_india wrote:

You don´t need to apostille a translated document in Brazil. Only the originals that originated from India. They are registered sworn translators and they will affix their seal and a signature! So very valid!
Reconhecimento de assinatura is done at cartórios. Make sure that you register your baby where you already have the cadastro for that "reconhecimento."

robal

Thanks Robal  for valuable input,

Is it mandatory to do the baby birth certificate from the same cartório which I have done reconhecimento do assinatura? I did it in other city and in current city,(next to São Paulo city) I didn't have this in the same cartório which is next to the hospital and hospital recommends to get the birth certificate from that cartório. Will it create any problem ?

abthree wrote:

Federal criminal background check is done online - easy.  Here in Amazonas, the state check is, too.  I would expect São Paulo to be the same.

Thanks Abthree,

Do you have that site url where I can get it done the background criminal check online ?

No problem at all.  You just have to do another
cadastro which involves electronic fingerprinting again, putting in your CPF, proof
of address and showing your CRNM...

meet_me_india wrote:

Thanks Abthree,

Do you have that site url where I can get it done the background criminal check online ?

Google "antecedentes criminais federal" and "antecidentes criminais são paulo", and you should find them.

Here is the final document process, I got my child's birth certificate. The hospital provided the live certificate, which has some error with name of father and address so I asked them to correct it and they did change with adding correct column data on back of it. With that document I went to Cartório Vila Mariana, I think it's cartório 9 in São Paulo city.

There I presented my document along with my wife document ( CRNM ) and my marriage certificate ( it was in English and they didn't asked anything )

With that, all done ✅. I have his birth certificate and also I have requested a small size certification with lamination ( a service provided by them, and o liked that) it was charged for small certificate with lamination. For the normal certificate I didn't paid anything. I got the certificate same day evening.

Here is the process of RG amid CORONAVIRUS lockdown, as all Poupatempo offices are closed
I tried to connect them on Fale conosco on Poupatempo site, but didn't get proper response till a day, so i tagged them on twitter with same question and there they replied with a number to call and schedule the emergency service through Guarda Civil and IIRGD.

When I called, they told that guard civil only has appointment for September, so I explained them my situation as might o need to travel as it's panaremos and we should be ready with travel anytime. So they asked me to to go AV CASPER LIBERO, 370 , office of IIRGD as there not required the agenda ( it's in São Paulo city downtown)

I first called, they provide me a number to do the agenda and no one respond on that call. So i decide to go there and ask ( it's very next to metro station Luz). I visited very next day alone to see the situation and they told that you can come with baby and they will take me inside direct without appointment.

Next day I went there along with my baby and wife and did the process and I got the protocol as RG no itself to collect it after a week. So that process also done. They were using mobile camera for photo and it's very small near road they made this temporarily arrangement.

Now I'm waiting next to get this document to request passport.

For Permanent residency I have opened a different topic.

Thanks all for your support. Let's wait and I'll confirm if all data in RG is correct 😊

Glad to hear that it all worked out for you.  Congratulations on the birth of your little Brazilian!

Thanks 😊

Keep us updated on your progress!

Hello Everyone, today I collected RG for my baby, It's from IIRGD, São Paulo. All the details are correct, just a question , I didn't see any expiry date for document but it was written something like observação