Brittany here we come!

I have just sold my Cornish home and am coming over to live in my little cottage which I bought 2 years ago outside of Carhaix in March. Time to smell (and grow) the roses.
I have some french language , it seems to be improving the longer im in france.
I am a nurse and care a lot about others and have been a farmer most of my life too, but at 58 I want to do things that make me happy(selfish I know).
Looking forward, with my husband ,to meeting lots of new people and sharing  laughs and life.

Hi Lynnripley,

Welcome to Expat.Com  :)

You'll soon get to relax at bit and enjoy the beauty of Brittany. Hopefully you will get some interaction with members soon.

Wishing you all the best,
Bhavna

Hi Lynn
Hope your well and living your French Dream,I am thinking about doing a project in Pleyber Christ do you know the area ?

Hi Mick it's a very nice area.I know it fairly well.

Hope we can still get over we complete end of March ,will be homeless if we can't get over!

Hello!

We have just bought a house in Brittany and moving October and cant wait. I'm a nurse too. Tell me did you move with Covid? Or are you still planning your move.

Tina

Hello
We moved on 17th May ,we had sold our house and I had left working as a nurse on last day of march so we worried a lot that we would not get out here and if we did the right thing..... we absolutely did  the right thing and loving it. Of course miss my nursing and have kept my pin for a while just incase but think I will be able to help out at our local inferimeier as my french progresses.I may not even want to by then.
Do it dont look back. Our profession is not what it was, as proud of my achievements that I am I spend a lot of time mentoring younger nurses these days who wonder what its all about. Keep in touch and good luck.

Well good luck.  Yes, Brittany is special - that's France over there ...!
We can be found as often as not on my boat  (Ardeola) berthed in Morlaix - so if passing... welcome.

Paul

Dartmouth
TQ6 9NX