New members of the Cambodia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Cambodia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Cambodia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi Stephen & Vicky from Liverpool UK, both visited Asia, in the past loved Cambodia, hoping to land jobs teaching English, due to arrive end Feb 2020, interests are Liverpool FC, travel and living happily...

Hi Julien  :)

Newbie here!

I'm an Indian holidaying at Malaysia at the moment.

Hoping to get teaching jobs in the south east asian countries like Cambodia, laos and vietnam.

Need some guidance from natives and already living expats. :)

Thank you Julien for the warm welcome. I'm Phiona Paul. I'm planning to move to Cambodia. I wanna teach English as a Foreign Language. I haven't found one yet. I thought this forum could help.

One more thing, I'm Kenyan.

How come I get a notification of a new reply to this topic, and others, yet when I check, its says 'this thread no longer available'? Whats going on?

Someone trying to put adverts in this forum, which is not allowed according to the code of conduct.

Cheers.

Joe

Hello Joe, if I get a job through  a volunteer program, will it be possible to get an ordinary visa?

I think so but in all case you need to get an invitation letter stating that they will employ you.

That letter you have to show to the embassy in order to get your visa.

Joe

yeah, they are going to employed me. I will receive a letter from them.

Hi guys

I am a newbie ! My name is Michelle, am a Zimbabwean national living in South Africa but looking to relocate to Cambodia as an English teacher. I would greatly appreciate your assistance on how I can apply for a teaching job as well as the visa process.

Warm regards

Michelle

Hie I am Chido Clarity  from Zimbabwe.Looking forward to embark on  a new journey of life in Cambodia.Currently looking for employment as a social worker.Your Assistance on how to apply for Visa and employment will be greatly appreciated

Regards
Clarey

Here’s my two cents , cambodia is the easiest country to live in for many reasons people are kinder, government makes it easy but the pay is lower , Vietnam is nice also I personally prefer cambodia, but Vietnam pays teacher the most in Southeast Asia, starting pay is around 20$ per hour  and lots of jobs , as Cambodia is 8-10$ per hour , the people in cambodia I think my personal opinion only  ! is cambodia has the nicest people, I live half time in Vietnam half time in cambodia, I’m retired but I do know teachers in both countries