Moving to Cambodia

Hello my name is Diana. I am planning on moving to Cambodia the end of March 2014. I am 62 years of age and have retired and getting my Social Security. I am single, excellent health and enjoy life. Part of my journey will be to visit the monasteries and settle into a more peaceful way of living. My career was (is) Teaching and Tourism. I love both because it allows me to share information, embrace others experience and continue to grow as a Human Being. I do have a question, not sure if this is the place to voice my question. I am uncertain about my traveling there on a one way ticket or do I need a round trip ticket in order to benefit getting a Business visa after the 30 day visa has expired. Can you help me with this question?

Hello my name is Gaia Dianna. I have read information on the visa process. However, I have not read any information regarding whether one can come in on a one way ticket verse a round trip ticket to benefit for the business visa. Does it matter ?

Diana,

You do not require a return ticket,  1 way is fine. Upon arrival you should apply for the $25 Ordinary visa (formerly business ), not the Tourist visa. The ordinary visa is valid for 1 month but can be extended for 3, 6 & 12 months (6 & 12 month extensions are multi entry/exit). Just take your passport to any guesthouse or travel agent before your 1 month visa is due to expire and tell them you want to extend it for x amount of time,  they will tell you how much it costs and will arrange the extension for you, normally 1-3 day turn around.

Although one-way is fine on the visa side, there are a few airlines that will not let you board the plane if you only have a one-way ticket and no long term visa.

Hi Diana
I just read your blog, i am also traveling to Cambodia early April with a view to moving out with my family. It sounds like we have some common interests, perhaps we could meet up. I run a organisation called headgym.co.uk which explains a little about me.
Let me know if you would like to meet up.
Thanks
Neil

Thanks for the information rarky. I am arriving in Phnom Penh April 2 and staying in the Star Wood Inn Guesthouse Sangkat Vielvong. I chosed this place because they stated they had airport pickup. And the Inn looked nice and clean. I am excited and looking forward to this adventure. Will like to meet up with you. If so my email address is [email protected]. Thanks again for the information

There are a couple of universities starting programs in tourism.  If you have a solid background you might really have something to contribute.  Let me know if you are interested.

Hello, Timoray. You mention working at Pannasastra University teaching English or Tourism. Both sounds wonderful. I will be arriving in Phnom Penh the 2nd of April. Not sure which I want to settle, Phnom Penh or Siem Reap.  [email protected] please feel free to email me anytime. I would love to meet and talk more about jobs. Thanks for reaching out.