New members of the Cambodia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Cambodia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Cambodia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

hi all. I'm Luis, I'm from Spain and I spent  4 months in Cambodia on 2019. I loved it. I'm back in Spain at the moment, after all this covid madness gets a bit better and it gets easier to travel again, I would like to move there again for long term if I have the opportunity and  I will try to start a business. thanks for any advice you can give me and looking forward to read all the interesting things about Cambodia here. :)

Ps: my English is a bit messy

what is the scope for business in combodia ?
which type of business can be done.

i am also planning to come over there as consultant or to do business.
can you brief me the details about business

Hello kukuli,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Kindly note that the purpose of this thread is for the introduction of new members only. If you wish to converse with our members about setting a business in Cambodia, please start a new thread on the Cambodia forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hello everyone,

my name is Jay and I'm an English tutor from Washington state. For the last decade ive been continually asked if I plan to become an expat, teaching overseas, the thought was tantalizing. I've decided to finally pull the trigger and have  been taking steps to lead this lifestyle.

Hello Jay,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks for introducing yourself and sharing your keenness to start your expat journey.

Should you have any questions, feel free to start new threads on the Cambodia forum to ask them.

I hope that many enriching experiences await you in the future as an expat in Cambodia.  :idontagree:

Good luck,

Diksha  :cheers:

Hi Everyone. I'm RIck. I will be coming to Phnom Penh in June. I have researched but am quite certain I will be surprised by the culture of Cambodia. Thankfully (i hope) I will be staying for 3 years. I hope to meet up with many in the expat community for some wisdom. See you soon.

Hi everyone! Am Jonas from Cameroon. I am a licensed High School Physics and Mathematics. I want to move to Cambodia. I have been to the United Arab Emirates, and to the Seychelles. I have taught for some years  8 years in these countries.  Am back to my home country but wants to move to Cambodia for a long term stay. Still looking for job positions though. AM hoping to get help from this forum and also will be happy to meet expats community in Cambodia once I get there. See you soon

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com @be4unoit, @blueNSX and @jonasokale  :cheers:

Thank you all for the introduction. :up:

Should you have any questions on a specific topic, do not hesitate to create a new thread on the Cambodia forum.

If you are looking for a job, kindly create your CV in the Jobs in Cambodia section.

I also invite your to read the Living in Cambodia guide where you will find out all you need to know to relocate and live in Cambodia.  :cheers:

Best luck,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

I'm here for the first time. I'm very happy to meet you. I want to immigrate to Cambodia. If you have ideas and opinions, I'm welcome

Hello everyone, my name is Valentine from Nigeria and currently living in Dakar Senegal.
I heard a lot of beautiful things about Cambodia and I really love to visit someday and probably live there.

Hola Luis !
Bienvenido a volverte en mi pais. Estoy en Phnom-Penh. Cuentas conmigo para cualquier informacciones y asistencias.
Quedamos en contacto, anademe en FB con Pagina: Khmer Future
Hasta la vista.
Paco

@KhmerFuture

ENGLISH please.

And why NOT Khmer, please ? LOL.
We are people all around the world with different cultures and languages, not only English, as I know  :D

@ KhmerFuture : We are on the Cambodia english speaking forum, this is why we ask all our members to post in english only.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

No problem, I'll try GoogleTranslate, for your eyes only Hahaha   :D

Hi am isiaka Danjuma from Nigeria.Am considering visiting this June.Any useful advice would be appreciated.

Hi Luis !
We are awaiting for you visit.
Paco

Not a good time to come here.

You will have to get a Ordinary (aka business) visa from a Cambodian embassy/consulate.

You need a certificate of covid-19 negative, not older than 72 hours.

You need Forte insurance.

You need $2000 to depose at a bank at the airport.

You need to go in quarantine for 14 days in a designated hotel.

When you test negative at the end of the quarantine you are free to go and get the remainder of your deposit back.

So you see, not easy to get here and expensive.

Hope this gives you some insight.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Thank you very much for this information.

Hi Joe, thank you for all this valuable research you do. Have you herd any changes on visa renewal for 2021, i have Business visa?

@ Eso456 :

Since this thread has been created for the introduction of the new members only, i would suggest you to create a new thread in the Cambodia forum, to introduce yourself properly and to ask all your questions.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Hello all,

My name is Bruce and I have been living here in Phnom Penh for the past 2.5 years and have wanted to get involved in this social platform.  So today is my official introduction.  I just returned last month from a 3 months visit back in the US after 18-months of being somewhat confined in Cambodia.  Fortunately, I was able to attend a Phoenix Cardinals baseball game, and now the challenges of my return to face extreme fees, quarantine and the 'new norm' in Phnom Penh is still sinking in.

I established an NGO several years back and have gradually been expanding my Cambodia reach into a few business sectors (medical and service industry) with hopes to make a favorable contribution where there is a  need for mentoring local medical professionals and others seeking opportunity to own and run businesses.  I left behind 25  years of hard core business efforts in the USA and am enjoying a more casual atmosphere here in Cambodia.  I have many things still to learn and expand on toward being a true 'expat' and hope to learn from all your experiences and contributions in this forum.  Thanks for reading and look forward to more interchange.

Hi everyone, my name is Maureen, from Indonesia.
My husband has just moved to Cambodia due to his new job, and I will follow him by next year.
Quite nervous, because I have never been to Cambodia. But I have one year of preparation, so that should do.  :D

hello Shelby,

How are you ?

Nice to get in touch with you on this wonderful platform.

Feel free to contact.

regards,

Could you please help me finding a job there?I would like to work as a general worker or in hotel field

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your nice introduction :)

@prasoonvarghese :

I invite you to post an ad in the Jobs in Cambodia section, it is more appropriate.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Greetings from Canada
I am currently still in Canada but have been engaged to a wonderful Cambodian lady for the past 3 1/2 years. I was looking for information about a foreigner getting married to a Cambodian lady. I am over 50 and aware of the 50+ law but was wondering if anyone had any updated information to share on that topic. I have also heard that I can apply for an exemption to this rule if we cam show that our marriage is legit and not just a marriage of convivence. This is easily proved as I can show documentation of my continued support for my lady and her daughter over the past 3 and 1/2 years among other things. As I was browsing through the posts I saw a member who goes by Khmer Joe or Joe Khmer or something along those lines who had some interesting comments. I have since joining this group been unable to find this person again. Any help there would be appreciated.

Hi guys, thank you for becoming a part of this group. I`m an older man looking to retire in Cambodia.
For now, I`m looking into where I would like to live. Siem Reap and the Kampot area are current options I`m investigating.

Since this is a big step and a lot to consider, I'm studying the various aspects of relocating to Cambodia.
I`m grateful for any input on this matter, to make good decisions along the way.

Thank you.

Regards, Ulf

I retired to Siem Reap about a year ago. Unlike Phnom Penh it is very easy to get around,  traffic is usually light and roads are being upgraded. The town centre is quite compact, many bars, cafes and restaurants easy to get to. Apartments,  Western style, are still cheap. I have a secure 1 bedroom place, pretty modern,  $250 a month. All in all I would recommend you to come and have a look before you make a decision.  I am happy here, and if you want We can meet up and I can show you around. Good luck.

Hi, thanks for your message and offer! I would be interested in that, to have someone showing around could really help. Keep in touch / Ulf

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969264

Thanks!

Closed