Visa on arrival

Good day all,

Trust you are well.

Can anyone from South Africa kindly advise on what I will require for the E type visa on arrival?

Many thanks,

Yolandi

Hello.

I'm not from SA but I know of many people from your country that have been refused entry to Cambodia.

The best way is to get a visa on forehand from the embassy in your country. They might ask some supporting documents but they will tell you.

Then you also avoid another problem, that an airline refuses passengers with no visa. They are responsible for your return if you are refused, so they take no risk. Some airlines allow passengers to sign a waiver that leaves the airlines out of responsibility.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your reply.

Any specific reason you know off why they refuse South Africans?

The name Africa on your passport.

All African passport holders have the same problem,  they all need to have a visa before they are allowed in.

Also recommendable is to have a hotel reservation with you,  employment contract if applicable and enough money with you to be able to support yourself.

If you follow this all will be fine.
Don't worry,  there are many Africans living and working in Cambodia , so it's possible.

Joe

I have all that in order except for the employment contract as I have to still look for a job when I get there.

As far as I understand I have to apply for the E-class visa?

Will there be questions when I apply for the visa and should I tell them I will be looking for work?

Oh and the other thing is, here is no Cambodian embassy in SA and if I apply for the online visa I can only get the tourist visa.

Yes the E-class aka Ordinary visa is correct.
The only other visa is the tourist visa and that is useless for longer stay.

I'm not familiar with the requirements of embassies, so make an appointment and ask.

Good luck.

Joe

YolandiDT wrote:

Oh and the other thing is, here is no Cambodian embassy in SA and if I apply for the online visa I can only get the tourist visa.

From the Immigration website:

Embassy of Cambodia has not established in South Africa yet. Therefore, citizens or residents in South Africa can only apply at Cambodia Embassy Oversea for having a Cambodia visa:

Kindly contact and apply your Cambodia Visa at the nearest Cambodia embassies or consulates in your neighboring countries or in any country in person or by email before arriving in Cambodia.