Documents needed for retirement visa under 55 years of age

Hello everyone!

I haven't reached the age of 55 yet. However I heard that it is still possible to apply for a retirement visa.
Does anyone has experience with this or know more about it?
What additional documents does one need.

Have a wonderful day!

Ronny

If you have funds coming from abroad,  allowing you to support yourself,  you might be able to convince an Immigration officer to get you a retirement extension of stay.

Also,  if you are disabled you can get a retirement extension when you produce a letter showing your disability and that you receive a disability pension from abroad.

Hope this helps.

PS No work allowed on  Retirement extension.

Cheers

Joe

Thank you Joe!

Hi Ronny,

Like you I wanted to get a retirement visa but am under the age requirement. I had read on previous posts that it might be possible to get one provided that I could prove that I am not working. I tried six agents and all of them told me that I could not get a retirement visa under 55. I am in Siem Reap but you might have better luck in PP.

redsoxgrl wrote:

Hi Ronny,

Like you I wanted to get a retirement visa but am under the age requirement. I had read on previous posts that it might be possible to get one provided that I could prove that I am not working. I tried six agents and all of them told me that I could not get a retirement visa under 55. I am in Siem Reap but you might have better luck in PP.

Proving that you don't work would be easy for many, but it's not important to get a retirement extension of stay.
Important is that you can support yourself with funds from abroad. If you can prove that, with bank slips over a period of time, you have a chance to get the ER.

I have helped and known several people under 55 that were able to get the ER.

Cheers.

Joe

I just took in 3 months of my most recent bank statement, a letter from the Australian government or centerlink stating that I was disabled and would be paid indefinitely and had no dramas at all. I had just turned forty six. That was fifteen months ago. It could have changed since then. I lived quite well and even saved some money. Joe's the man to talk to if it has. Back in Australia now Joe. Have a nice little Ute now and still have a few dollars in the bank. Peace all

Aussiedave wrote:

I just took in 3 months of my most recent bank statement, a letter from the Australian government or centerlink stating that I was disabled and would be paid indefinitely and had no dramas at all. I had just turned forty six. That was fifteen months ago. It could have changed since then. I lived quite well and even saved some money. Joe's the man to talk to if it has. Back in Australia now Joe. Have a nice little Ute now and still have a few dollars in the bank. Peace all

Still glad you made it Dave, I knew it was possible and it still is. They just don't want people with no income, everything else is fine.

Enjoy your time in Oz mate, but I guess you will be back in the Kingdom of Wonders...  :top:

Joe

I am 51 and am on Social Security in the US.  Would I need bank statements and a reward letter from Social Security to get a retirement visa?  Where and who would be the best option to do this?  I watched a video on how I could do a business visa and declare being self employed which supposedly works, but I'd rather not spend 600 every year for the next 4 years

is it like an identity exchange or do i give up my digital identity except for my pension? id be up for that ; ) 

hi joe and hi hound …. man im all over the ship