Getting a VISA extension in Sihanoukville

Hello All.

I am currently in Sihanoukville and will be staying until May 12/22.

My current "T" type VISA expires on April 9/22.

I am familiar with renewing if I were in Phnom Penh or if I were to do a VISA run to Vietnam or Thailand but I am looking for info regarding the practicality of arranging an extension here within Sihanoukville.

I have had the "my friend can do this for you,  just give me $55 and your passport for 7 days and you will get your new VISA. Another option I am not keen on.

Can anyone out there comment on the process and if it is even possible to get the extension here in Sihanoukville. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Eugene

@ghayescan

Go to Mottah Travel on Ekarech street near Canadia bank and let them do it. Highly reliable and knowledgeable.

You have to give them your passport as the extended visa will appear in your passport.

Cheers.

Joe

Thanks for the info Joe. 

I have seen the news that the VOA program is back in place. Do you know if the land crossings are all open or is that part still not sorted?

@ghayescan

VOA only on airports.

Land border crossings are still closed although there are reports of Ha Tien being open but in only one direction: Vietnam to Cambodia....

Excellent. Thanks again Joe.

@ghayescan
I use Mottah travel ageny. call 012 996604 or 015 996678.
189 eo, Ekareach St.

@Richard Crofts Thanks Richard. I used them and it was a smooth transaction.

@Richard Crofts Hi do you know if they are still helping people with tourist to business visa at this moment in time ? i am currently on a tourist visa and I wamt to change but have found no one legit that can help.

@gseichas2307

You're very very late on this, the conversion from tourist visa to EB extension stopped 2.5 weeks ago

As there were some reports of still being able to convert I advise you to go to the DOI directly (Department of Immigration) and try there.

Or find a knowledgeable agent who can still do it

This thread is about Sihanoukville so you have seen the name Mottah Travel, an excellent agent

If not successful there's only one agent left, Kim Lennox in PP, phone 092 256 388.

Good luck.

Joe

@ghayescan Wondering how long the process took - how long did you have to leave your passport with the agency / how many days from your initial attendance to receiving the extension? Thanks very much in advance!

@JaneyD

Usually 7-10 days if no holidays.

Cheers.

Joe

@JoeKhmer Thanks very much Joe.  We're actually going to be staying in Kep - might you know whether there's an agent in Kep or Kampot who could assist with our extensions?

@JaneyD pm sent

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Advertising
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct