Secure luggage storage in santo Domingo - suitcase > 1 month

Hi all,

Arriving in Santo Domingo (SDQ) 1/1/2020, to evaluate the city (and DR), as a future home. I'll be staying, for at least 30 days, in a succession of Airbnbs in SDQ and perhaps briefly in Santiago. Less than certain whether my valuables would be safe left in an Airbnb ..or for that matter on a bus between cities/towns. Therefore I'd be interested in any advice re secure storage for a 'checked in luggage' sized suitcase.

Surveyed the forum, found nothing  relevant then googled storage in Santo Domingo and I emailed (in Spanish) 2 enquiries 7 days ago - including one to a business mentioned here in 'services' and have received no replies. I'm happy to pay for a professional and secure service however these all seem targeted at much higher volume storage. My limited Spanish prevents me from just phoning ..however some things are more an issue of local knowledge than language.

Having read advice to stay ONLY in places with a doorman or similiar security, I may be overestimating the risk of theft (or burglary), however I'd feel much more comfortable not having to monitor valuables that I wouldn't be using daily.

Criteria:
1) How much? Just a suitcase containing some valuables. About 20kg.
2) Within 30 mins walk of Gazcue/Piantinias I won't be driving or initially catching public transport.
3) Payment? Cash or foreign bank account direct debit.

Any advice, suggestions, or simply personal experience would be welcome.

Okay so you are going to want to leave a suitcase with valuables (to you). For a period of time.  Will you need access to it often or just leave it stored?  I can likely help you out!

That could be great. Thanks  :)

Not yet sure EXACTLY how often I'd need to access it. Perhaps weekly, but if you could help me out I'd aim to minimize inconvenience and organise things so as to need access as infrequently (and with the least urgency) possible. Had noticed, Planner,  that you are based in SD :)

How shall we proceed?

Try Smart Storage RD. Here is a GoogleMaps link: Smart Storage RD
Calle Cub Scouts No. 28, Santo Domingo 10120
(809) 227-3727
https://goo.gl/maps/R5MC6FweJsXiKJUv7

I will send you a private message.