Visa to meet my girlfriend

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to meet my girlfriend in Spain, Zaragoza for one time through applying for visa but did not succeed due to my refusal for visa.

She came to visit me 4 times in Egypt, and we plan to live together.

The only problem that she still has not finished her divorce with her ex-husband, and we still waiting for the court which probably will take almost 1 year to complete the divorce.

I think the Spanish embassy refusal to give me the visa as my country now is having a war "Yemen" and now I reside in Egypt, although I submitted all the requested documents.

I would like to have your advise about what's the easiest way to get myself to live with her. Shall I wait for her divorce then meet and get married here in Egypt?

Or shall I ask her to advise me invitation letter for tourism visit and I apply again and try my luck?

I appreciate your comments which I am sure it will guide me as you all have some experience with same situation.

Have a good day all of you.

Best regards,
Esam

Is it not possible just to apply for a tourist visa ?

Many people come to spain for a holiday,   most of whom have no contact with spain so would not have a letter of invitation

Whats your suggestion?

yep just make a tourist visa and don't worry. don't see any problems...

Extract from:-

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados … sport.aspx

1) This visa will take at least 4 weeks to process. Included in this category are: Palestinians, Refugees and Stateless Persons. Please note that certain documents are not recognised by the Spanish Authorities and are therefore not valid to travel to Spain. These include Certificates of Identity issued by the Home Office, which are not covered by the Geneva or New York Conventions.

From limited experience of applications by Filipinos and Thais :   I believe you need to ‘prove' that if granted a visa there is no chance you will over stay or not leave.    Thus proving strong ties to your homeland are important

Thank you.

I will try your advise and give it second try.

I hope they approve me.