Permis de conduire / driving licence

Français en dessous

Hello, i am from morocco ( african country ) and i don't have a driving licence. I am soon moving to brussels for work and i was wondering if it s possible for expats to take their driving licence in belgium or they have to do it in their own country.
Please if someone already got his driving licence in belgium, i would like to know how much does it cost ( in total) and how much time does it take. And if the courses giving in the schools are mainly enough to learn really how to drive ?
Thank you very much.

Français :

Bonjour, je viens du maroc (pays africain) et je n'ai pas de permis de conduire. Je déménage bientôt à Bruxelles pour le travail et je me demandais s'il était possible pour les expatriés de prendre leur permis de conduire en Belgique ou s'ils devaient le faire dans leur propre pays.
S'il vous plaît, si quelqu'un a déjà obtenu son permis de conduire en Belgique, je voudrais savoir combien cela coûte (au total) et combien de temps cela prend. Et si les cours dispensés dans les écoles sont principalement suffisants pour vraiment apprendre à conduire?
Merci beaucoup.

Hello, you can do the driving licence in Belgium if you live here.
You'll have to do the theorical examination first, then the practical one.
Several different way exist at different prices ("free" driving, full driving school, ...)
+/- 120€ for 12h to prepare the theorical examination or you learn it by yourself
+/- 800€ for 20h of school
it's cheaper if you know someone to be your guide/friend for +/- a year.
Google is your friend.

Bonjour, vous pouvez faire le permis de conduire en Belgique, si tu es résidente (id card/permis de résidence temporaire - carte orange).
Il faudra passer l'examen théorique, avant de pouvoir faire l'examen pratique.
Plusieurs formules existes à différents tarifs. (conduite libre en solo, full auto-école, ...)
+/- 120€ pour la préparation à l'exam théorique ou tu apprends par toi-même
+/- 800€ pour 20h d'auto-école.
C'est beaucoup moins cher si tu as un guide/ami pour +/- un an.
Google est ton ami

:top:

Hello everyone,

Please be informed that you have to post only in English on the anglophone forum.
Should you want to post the same topic in French, here is the francophone Brussels forum :  Forum Bruxelles

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna