Naturalization "Extraordinaria" has an added requirement

A criminal background check from the country of origin is now required per Decree No. 9.199/2017,
Article 239, item III. Previously (approx. 4mos. ago) only federal and state (Brazil) and the country you lived previously for the last 4 years was required on their list of documents.

I noted that naturalization "Ordinaria" also requires that per Decreto 9.199/2017,artigo 234,inciso V.

robal

Excellent point to highlight.   This is a complication that people who have been working in a third country for a long time need to keep in mind.

Dear Robol,

i have been here since 2016 April till to end of Sep-2017 then i have left the Brazil to get criminal certificate for my naturalization, when I solicited the same certificate from the government of my country they me told you don't entitle for the second time this certificate, because you already have been there in Brazil then how we issue another certificate?
right now i am here in Brazil and i want to apply for the naturalization process. hence what will be the legal action of (Policia federal do brasil) i have already completed all my documents without my criminal certificate from my origin country! as well as my country don't have embassy here in Brazil!
waiting for your kind response,
thank in advance!

Ansar khan wrote:

Dear Robol,

i have been here since 2016 April till to end of Sep-2017 then i have left the Brazil to get criminal certificate for my naturalization, when I solicited the same certificate from the government of my country they me told you don't entitle for the second time this certificate, because you already have been there in Brazil then how we issue another certificate?
right now i am here in Brazil and i want to apply for the naturalization process. hence what will be the legal action of (Policia federal do brasil) i have already completed all my documents without my criminal certificate from my origin country! as well as my country don't have embassy here in Brazil!
waiting for your kind response,
thank in advance!

I´m really sorry that the change affect so many people like you. If you haven´t submitted the paperworks yet before the change of required documents on their list occurred, you now have to comply unless:

1. You are stateless.
2. You are a refugee.
3. You are here for political asylum.

If your naturalization is based on marriage with a Brazilian citizen, you might get away with it by
declaring under penalty of the laws of Brazil that you have not committed a crime in your home country. Otherwise you just have to return and get that document in Afghanistan. I know how the system there works. Monetary remuneration holds a lot of power to the deserving government employee who helps you out. If you know what I mean.

robal