Mauritius Citizenship

Hi All,

I'm asking on behalf of my friend.

He married Mauritian national for the last eight years and staying at Mauritius. But to date, he unable to receive the passport, whereas the law says for 04 years. Is the person have the right to appoint an immigration lawyer or consultant to escalate? Any ideas or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Type "citizenship" into the search box on the country home page and you might well find your initial questions answered.

Salman.Memon wrote:

Hi All,

I'm asking on behalf of my friend.

He married Mauritian national for the last eight years and staying at Mauritius. But to date, he unable to receive the passport, whereas the law says for 04 years. Is the person have the right to appoint an immigration lawyer or consultant to escalate? Any ideas or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

He can't have a Mauritian passport before becoming a Mauritian citizen.
Has he applied for citizenship yet?

He is living in Mauritius for the last 8 years and he already applied for citizenship but no response from authority.

He needs to call the PMO (Prime Minister's Office) to check on his application.

Citizenship is not automatic and this is a case-to-case basis (and depending on where he is from, how long he has been continuously living on the island, dealings with the law, how he earns his living etc...). After calling them he will know where he stands.

If there are issues, the he needs to contact a good Barrister.