How long take to get my work permit?

maybe my company will submit my work permit within October,
how long should I expect to get it?

It depends on how fast you produce the needed documents, health certificate and proof of tax payment included;  a few weeks, as per my experience.

Thanks a lot!

Space Land,

Please could you answer a few questions for me. My partner (not married) is moving to Mauritius from the UK for work in January. I would like to go with him and live there but I am struggling to find the right info online with regard to what I need to get a work permit. Do you know what the likelihood of myself being granted a work permit in the hospitality industry? Working at the front desk, checking in guests, receptionist. I have been in contact with some hotels and they are interested but have asked me to provide a work permit first.  I have a lot of experience in many aspects of hospitality, but appreciate that Mauritius wants to bring people to the country that help their economy, so I feel like they would reject my application... If so, what industries would be desirable to be granted a work permit? If i'm honest I have not had many renowned jobs in my lifetime so am very worried about my application. I have been in university for the past 3 years and before and during this I only had menial jobs in cafe's or nannying to supplement my funds! My other question is if i get a volunteer or internship role working for the animal conservation society would this be classed as a work permit?

Sorry for the mass of info and I hope you can help!

Thanks

Hi. As I am not an expert in that, I suggest you first set your priorities in terms of occupational wishes and then ask the possible employer to guarantee to attain the permit for you.
Second option, to get some more upfront info, would be to ask the Economic Development Board's officer for permits Zubayr Rajabalee < zubayr at investmauritius.com >
Should you also need a small apartment beachfront, by the way, for you and your partner, facing the untouched beach along a crystal-clear lagoon in the beautiful South of the island, please contact SpaceLand at SpaceLand.it
Regards

Thank you for your help.